Nissan Skyline 350 GT - 2008 V36

glennboy7, May 8, 12:20am
Hi all - have just arranged to import one of these cars and wondering if anyone can help please with:
1 Advise on where to get this car serviced in ChCh (other than Cockram Nissan i guess?).
2 Where i can get band expander installed.
3 Any maintenance issues i should be aware of and get sorted straight away when it comes through
4 What you reckon of these bad boys! :) Looking forward to mine arriving!

Thanks guys
Glenn

wizid, May 8, 2:23am
cam chain the new v36 have a problem with them

richardmayes, May 8, 2:44am
Get ready to buy gold-plated transmission oil if it's a CVT model.

vtecintegra, May 8, 4:05am
Its not - 2008 will be a normal five speed.

The whole stereo setup is a disaster on them - one of the reasons I decided not to upgrade my V35 to one.

monaro17, May 8, 4:10am
Out of interest, why so?

vtecintegra, May 8, 4:30am
Because it is all in Japanese. This wouldn't be such a problem but it's also really poorly laid out so its difficult to remember what controls do what.

Also Aux in and Bluetooth were only optional and lots of cars weren't optioned with them.

wizid, May 8, 7:55am
anyone with cvt gearbox fuch oil make cvt gearbox oil . cheaper than nissans over priced oil . o and before someone says it not good stuff . i used it for 4 changes in my primera. from 50k up to 400k. before i sold it .

vtecintegra, May 8, 7:57am
The V35 Skyline uses a completely different type of CVT - you cannot use normal CVT fluid in it

wizid, May 8, 8:01am
i have a 02. 250gt . i love it. had it form 50k its now 195k 4yrs on .drive well easy on the gas 800ks to the tank of 91 . the only thing i would change would be a 3ltr in it .

wizid, May 8, 8:07am
dont even bother with the stereo in it . replace it as soon as u can .the mickey mouse set up runs the aircon aswell.so when it blows up and it will .u have hot and cold air coming at u all the time

wizid, May 8, 8:16am
fuch also makes oil for the v35 . still cheaper than nissans over priced oil

vtecintegra, May 8, 8:17am
Pretty sure they don't

wizid, May 8, 8:31am
i have used fuch oil 2 times now in my v35 tiptronic gearbox since i have owned it .no problems at all .and at half the price of nissan oil.

vtecintegra, May 8, 8:32am
Yes but your car does not have a CVT like the 3.5 does

bumfacingdown, May 8, 8:37am
Do they? I thought they ran the 5 speed auto like my Stagea

vtecintegra, May 8, 8:40am
The early 3.5 V35 did, switched to a normal auto when the face lift happened

wizid, May 8, 8:42am
so did i . mines a4 speed tiptronic

glennboy7, May 8, 9:07am
cheers guys - the V36 is a 5 speed auto (no CVT like the v35) so no worries about that,

This company in NZ Giz-Tec 94 Maclaurin Road, Hexton, Gisborne, advise they will have an english head unit converstion in 2-3 months. There is also links to a company in Oz on youtube that are doing it already,

Also for anyone who is interested here is a link to a english transaltion for the head unit (doesn't help with navi etc obviously but otherwise very good) http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/332357-v36-skyline-japanese-translation-document-work-in-progress/

Anyone out there own one of these car's (not a V35) and can comment on it, reliability, economy, FUN factor :) etc please.

bumfacingdown, May 8, 9:37am
Cheers for that

monaro17, May 8, 9:47am
yes I am waiting on that unit to. Son is getting a fuga with a similar unit

glennboy7, May 8, 6:48pm
If you hear anything Monaro can you please add to this forum. I will do the same.

monaro17, May 8, 10:39pm
will do :)

motorboy2011, May 9, 2:54am
only 4 speed?

wizid, Feb 7, 6:49am
yes 4 speed 2002 model