Car finance advice

Page 2 / 2
elect70, Apr 10, 2:39am
Try your bank first, they are flush with cheapmoney& really want to lend it outPersonal loan & interest will be lowerthan finance co& all their "add ons "

mugenb20b, Apr 10, 3:23am
It doesn't matter bellky. OP is asking for advice / help and that's what he's getting.

bellky, Apr 10, 3:26am
This is against the rules.

mugenb20b, Apr 10, 3:29am
Yeah, but they can be bent.right!

bellky, Apr 10, 3:30am
No, I will complain.

mugenb20b, Apr 10, 3:32am
No, you won't.

cowboy110, Apr 10, 3:38am
Go on.I dare ya.

smac, Apr 10, 3:53am
Which rule!

bellky, Apr 10, 3:56am
This one:
"The message board is for open discussion only, so please don't advertise any auction, product, or service."

smac, Apr 10, 3:57am
How is suggesting where somebody could get help advertising!

bellky, Apr 10, 3:57am
Also try reading what has gone before, before asking questions.

bellky, Apr 10, 3:57am
I'm sorry I can't help you comprehend.

bellky, Apr 10, 3:58am
And it's not advertising it's finance.

kazbanz, Apr 10, 4:01am
Op as I posted above a specific reply to your question would be to contact Global Credit. I have no afiliation with them but I've heard they work pretty hard for the little guy to get a "good fit" finance wise.

smac, Apr 10, 4:03am
You mean you can't justify the conclusion you've drawn.

bellky, Apr 10, 4:05am
No that's not what I mean. I meant what I said.

richardmayes, Apr 10, 6:30am
All cars cost money. If you don't want to lose money, walk.

I'm nobody to be giving financial advice. But I reckon I can clarify what the different options are that you are choosing between:

If you finance a car, it is going to cost you however much the car depreciates during your ownership, PLUS the cost of finance, plus the ongoing expenses of maintenance and normal running costs.

If you pay cash for a car, you don't incur the cost of finance but you still lose on the depreciation and the maintenance costs.

If you own an old low-value bomb like my car, you don't incur the cost of finance, you don't incur much depreciation, BUT the cost of maintenance is high and your next WoF might cost you $1500 and the one after that might cost you another $1500.(After a few of those $1500 WoFs, you might start to think that paying a load of interest every month for 4 years, for the privilege of owning a late model car with a lot less wear & tear under its belt would be worth it.!)

If your boss offers you a company car, you don't have to worry about depreciation OR maintenance costs OR running costs OR finance costs, but your take-home pay is probably going to be adjusted accordingly!

Whatever you do, do the math and convince yourself that you're choosing the most sensible course of action.

family007, Apr 15, 1:08am
Oh come on give the guy a break, he's admitted hes been a bit lax with finance in the past. He's only asking who we would recommend. He didn't ask for a public lynching!
I used GE Money for a $14000 car. Found the payments easy to manage and a reasonable interest rate too! They would be able to tell you how much you can borrow, rates, interest etc. Give them a ring.

kandjaja, Apr 15, 1:38am
GE would be the LAST place I would use.
MTF. No brainer

a.woodrow, Apr 15, 2:28am
Hmm Toyota finance offer quite competive finance rates (you don't have to buy a Toyota or even buy through a toyota dealer to get a loan with them)

neville48, Apr 15, 6:58am
keep yur 2 grand and save another year and then get that same car for five grand and only finance 2 maybe huh.I hate finance but it is an evil we want to need.

spead, Apr 15, 7:09am
no need to spend that much. a car is a car at the end of the day to get you fromA to Bno more no less so pay $2,000 for an old bomb and it will last you years if looked after.