1997 - 2000 Audi A4

hounddog2, Apr 9, 11:41am
hey anything to look out for, im considering buyinga manual version

berg, Apr 9, 6:51pm
Yea, hope its not the one seen doing laps of the beach down our way. In and out of the water, covered in sand and with all the front under trays ripped off. Why do people buy nice cars just to ruin them!

intrade, Apr 9, 8:54pm
did you consider to check if the actuarly have a key for it myght have been stolen!

intrade, Apr 9, 9:29pm
back to the question check forums for problems on the model you wanti am personally not a audi fan as in the 80s and 90s parts for audi was way to expensive so i liked Vw as they are the same with cheaper parts could be that part prices are now the same as most vw audi run same engine suspensions etc. like clutch flywheel i just looked its vw g60 golf bora and audi A3 4x4 who interchange on that part. you also need a good mechanic for euro cars so you wont get milked dry. If you got no one then probably giltrap that is where my bora was serviced by last owners and they are good but expensive just like a european outfit.

luckyluke02, Apr 10, 1:20am
ABS Modules are crap and expensive to replace.repaired units not that reliable either

msigg, Apr 10, 5:14am
Yea watch the price u pay as they devalue very quickly.

kingfisher21, Apr 10, 5:27am
Don't touch with a 20 foot barge pole.

the_don_61, Apr 10, 7:47am
Sounds great.I had a A6 one of that era.Nice car if it wasnt for earthquakes and shagged roads I wouldn't sold it. Got a 4WD now.

00basil00, Apr 10, 8:32am
Go for a 1.8 turbo or 2.8 v6, dont bother with any other engines

gram, Apr 10, 8:34am
Awesome cars. I've had a few and still have a '98 A4. Get it checked out pre-purchase as you would any other car. Service history is useful as regards cambelt etc. Bet you'll love it.