Girling Brake Rear Wheel Cylinder Mounting Clip

supernova2, Apr 10, 7:38am
Hi guys - helping the bro-in-law with his Metropolitan brakes.Stripped them all out and some dude in the past has lost the horseshoe clip which holds the rear wheel cylinder into the backing plate.Same system was used on Viva, Allegro etc.Anybody got one they dont want!

realtrader1, Apr 10, 8:22am
I think I have about 4 of those, 1 new and 3 used.External dia. approx. 30mm and internal dia approx 15mm.Has 3 lugs equally spaced.Will put up an auction now.Cheers.

supernova2, Apr 10, 8:36am
Don't think thats the right one - sounds more like a Triumph clip.The ones we need are a U shape.Don't have one in front of me at mo but about 45mm on the legs.Will grab one tomorrow and put up a pic.Hey thanks for looking though.

realtrader1, Apr 10, 8:53am
Sorry been a while since I did anything on these old units!Have one U shape clip.Can't remember, might be mini etc.Sizes approx 30mm wide 35mm tallinternal sizes approx 13mm wide and 20mm tall.Anyway $2 and I'll send it to you if it's what you want.

treachug, Apr 10, 9:12am
From memory (if same as viva) these were round in shape with three internal lugs & curved not flat (put tension on & held wheel cylinder firmly onto backing plate). If sounds same let me know as I'm sure I've got an new old stock Vauxhall one here in a box - will have a dig for it tomorrow night if you still need it