2c cambelt price

scoobeey, Apr 10, 8:48am
Full change wpump etc. any ideas:) 1993 ce106

thunderbolt, Apr 10, 8:51am
Not sure on the cost, but I have seen one with a stripped belt.
Broke the camshaft into 5 pieces, plus all of the damage you couldn't see.

mugenb20b, Apr 10, 9:13am
C series Toyota diesel cambelt job is not difficult, so I would say around 4 hours labour + parts. I would say around $600 all up. Of course, the price will depend on hourly charge out rate and mark up on parts.

aj254, Apr 10, 9:17am
Seen a 3c with this, it was actually caused by a stuck valve that broke the camshaft and then the camshaft siezed and stripped the belt.
For the cambelt and waterpump it'd probably be around $250-300 in parts plus labour.

gadgit3, Apr 10, 8:00pm
Haha crazy talk. The 2C is getting a bit of age now and the with a water pump, cam, crank and oil pump seals done will set you back between $700-1000 depending on how good the workshop is. I have seen some charge 7hours to do it.

intrade, Apr 10, 8:05pm
2c is the 2 liter diesel loads of work to change that as the waterpump is the holding bracket for the diesel injector pump also. i charged 660$ last time and i am usually 40% cheaper then other places . you dont want to skip things like crank oil seal oil pump seal and cam seal . you also likely have to change more things like rocker cover gasket and antifreeze in the end so i would say a grand is likley , and if your diesel pump has signs of leakage then you would want to do that while pump is off its bracket=waterpump.

gmphil, Apr 10, 9:18pm
Took me 2 in half hours last one i done in just under two hundy in parts

intrade, Apr 10, 9:25pm
you would have just changed the rubber cambelt then . thats not how things should be done. but if its a rusty heap then it be the way to go. also petrol engine on that car is way faster about 2.5h to do all on petrol engine . but 2C is the Diesel toyota engine number.
240$ i charged on 1.6 corolla petrol 1996 model parts and labour whole different story there.

intrade, Apr 10, 9:39pm
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00DMcarNYgZvkw/Water-Pump-for-Toyota-T-194-2C-.jpg
thats a 2c waterpump you can clearly see where the diesel injector pump bolts on to it is loads of work on this plus the alternator also bolts partial to the waterpump housing.anyone who thinks he can do all that in 2.5h is smoking to much woopyweed. there is also 3 oil seals to be replaced befor the belt goes back on

gmphil, Apr 10, 9:55pm
had too change injector pump was leakin wouldnt pass wof so done belt in water in stuff all same time in corrola wagon wasnt that hard yes diesel