72 classic v8

Page 1 / 2
ryanmankelow, Apr 13, 4:28pm
I have a mint 1972 rover 3500s v8 with a five speed manual gearbox if I was to sell how much should I ask for now its classic can anyone give me suggestions

yogibearz, Apr 13, 4:43pm
sorry you couldnt give it to me

alan1111, Apr 13, 5:03pm
Nor me either.
But you could try and see if there is a Rover Club they might be able to give you some advice.

ryanmankelow, Apr 13, 7:22pm
Cheers for the advice :)

tgray, Apr 13, 7:23pm
Don't let them put you off. A 'mint' as you say example, would be big bucks to the right person. Do some research and don't 'give' it away.

whqqsh, Apr 13, 7:38pm
agree, cool old wagon, saw a very tidy red one on the motorway, really turned heads, Id be keen if the Goliath wasnt getting priority at the moment

mopar63, Apr 13, 8:04pm
brother recently sold a pretty tidy one with the vitesse 5 speed box,and the 'spare on the boot' continental kit, had a holley on an offenhauser manifold,got $1500 for it reg and wof, but might have got a bit more on TM ,

brokebloke1, Apr 13, 9:06pm
its worth what someone will pay for it , true worth would be put it on $1 reserve and see where it leads.

richardmayes, Apr 13, 10:06pm
More than a Triumph, but less than a Jaguar!

socram, Apr 13, 10:14pm
I wish I'd bought one, as instead of converting an auto and going through the expensive hassles of getting a decent clutch, flywheel, 5 speed (Supra) gearbox and a bell housing, I could have bought a complete Rover 3500S.

Nice cars and I wouldn't be getting rid of it cheaply either.Get in touch with Mal Clark at By'Gone Autos in Beachaven, as he is the local expert on these and deals with several customers who have them.

msigg, Apr 13, 10:48pm
$5000 - $7000 if in showroom condition. get hold of some car clubs.

ryanmankelow, Apr 14, 1:46am
Thanks everyone I'm gettin a really positive vibe from all this it is truly one beautiful p6b

socram, Apr 14, 3:51am
What colour is it! There are some 1970's colours that I wouldn't really go for, some that I would.Not sure if that affects the general value or not.

ryanmankelow, Apr 14, 5:06am
Its red with the beige leather interior absolutely rust free 84 thousand miles

bellky, Apr 14, 5:07am
Sounds nice.

mopar63, Apr 14, 5:10am
yea probably , I found when I had my 2.5 pi Triumph it was quite a good car , good acceleration ,handling ,went really well, at the time my bro had a 2.5 v8 Daimler and it could beat that, also didn't feel'heavy' like the Rover that he also had ,the trumphies and the rovers area bit underpriced I reckon ,must say the 2.5 with auto and p/steer was a pretty good car,though that was 20 years ago .lol

stevo2, Apr 14, 5:40am
Post a photo or two

ryanmankelow, Apr 19, 5:18am
How do I post photos

newtec1, Apr 19, 5:43am
I don't think it will look like that.I have never seen a rover that shape.just saying.

supernova2, Apr 19, 6:15am
Whilst that one has a MG badge I think it actually is a rover all to do with the million different names that "British Leyland" used over time.Anyway if the car is a minter I could well be very interested.Awaits wrath of MB.

socram, Apr 19, 6:35am
You know what I meant!The address, not the subject of the link!

vjregal770, Apr 19, 9:35am
P6s are a stylish thing - yours sounds like a nice one, and a good colour combo. Being an S helps too.

vjregal770, Apr 19, 9:37am
And put some pics up!

newtec1, Apr 19, 9:49am
And you know what i meant.!

socram, Apr 19, 8:49pm
Of course!