What to do with the road-trip car .

michael.benn, Apr 19, 9:27am
Bought a Holden Barina, 1992, just over a week or so ago. It was in Kapiti area, we took the overlander down and then drove it to wellington from paraparaumu before coming up the east coast over the space of a week. Was a really fun trip :P

Anyway, I paid $950 for the car.the water pump is buggered and it's leaking water through the breather. so the seal is obviously fooked. I need to get rid of it but I'm not sure what the best course of action is. Wrecker I called today offered me $350 . which is decent . but I'd still be losing $600 .

What do you think I could get for it! 1992, 5 door hatchback, 5 speed manual, 216,000kms ish .

It's actually a great little car. I can't afford to own two cars though. I just can't. Wondering what to do :|

NZTools, Apr 19, 9:30am
Spend$ 85 on a new waterpump and sell it for more than you paid for it!

Nah. that would be too easy.

mugenb20b, Apr 19, 9:31am
I'll give you $351 for it.

a18a, Apr 19, 9:31am
I've noticed on here that small, road legal cars that need a bit of engine work seem to fetch decent money, might be worth the trademe fees selling it here $1 reserve

franc123, Apr 19, 10:10am
People will pay stupid money, were talking in the 1500-2k range, for any of those 20+ yo jap econoboxes these days that are reasonably tidy and woffable, they're always in demand for student runabouts or commuters. Get the pump replaced and get it on the market, you might be surprised. You'd only send it to a wrecker if it was munted beyond economic repair.