Isuzu mu your thoughts?

NZTools, Apr 14, 11:27pm
The 2.8's and 3.1's are pretty much bullet proof. Stay away from the later 3.0L engines which are hand grenades in disguise.

nutslap, Apr 14, 11:30pm
Ive heard they wreck the strut towers some how,but as I said-thats what Ive heard

inkapuka, Apr 14, 11:31pm
so that one will be ok! will be used on farm every now and then but not alot dont want the cow poo to rust it out lol

mugenb20b, Apr 14, 11:41pm
It should be OK, but @ $10k.!

mugenb20b, Apr 14, 11:51pm
It is, but it's an auto. Still expensive, I kind of wished I kept my one, had I known they held on to their value.

outbidyou2, Apr 15, 4:27am
I had one for about 4 years, got it at 80K on the clock, by the time we sold it for 3.5K it had done 220K, was a 1996 3.1 auto. It was very costly to keepp on the road but we did do a few kms in it. When we sold it the diesel injector pump packed up a month or so later, auto trans after that. When we had it it was alternator ($800) various 4wd problems, driveshafts etc.Needless to say this stuff ain't cheap. If I sat here long enough I could tell you many resons to find something else. !0K is a joke, and 130kms on the clock doesnt mean it hasnt been idling in Tokyo traffic for yonks. The dog and lemon guide list them as "avoid like the plague" says it all really

outbidyou2, Apr 15, 4:29am
oh yeah, starter cost moonbeams and rear main seal leak in behind gearbox leaked for years. Not worth doing until gearbox craps out.

offrd1, Apr 15, 5:25am
I had one for 8 years,it got thrashed in every way,they are a great little wagon.mine was highly modified though with ARB lockers all round.i used to love it when passing a stuck Cruiser or Patrol
BUT $ 10000 is bloody ridiculous,i wouldn't pay more than $6000 max

comphardware, Apr 16, 9:04am
was yours a 3.1 or 2.8! i got one for 6.5k lasted 6months before engine melted lol

a.woodrow, Apr 16, 9:07am
Sounds like normal wear and tear for 140,000km of travel you did in it.
I wouldn't wipe my bum with a dog and lemon guide - oh wait, maybe I would.

mals69, Apr 16, 9:24am
Hairdresser 4WD - get a mans 4WD - none of the pretend crap lollollo you be looking at rav 4's next lollllol

a.woodrow, Apr 16, 10:16am
The isuzu mu is actually a quite capable off roader, have seen them used in club and winch challenges, and a rav4 is a completly different type of vehicle, not having low range 4wd like the mu.

And what's with the lollolllolol! are you a 12 year old!

r15, Apr 16, 10:41am
what you need to ask yourself (assuming the auto's in these arent shit)

how much more am i prepared to spend, just so i can change my own gears.
i would have preferred a manual, but i bought an auto, saved about $4000 for it, and now it's a lot easier to eat and drive at the same time!

offrd1, Apr 16, 7:14pm
It was 2.8,i took all the emission gear off it it did Hugh mileage but i did recon it,i put in steel liners

comphardware, Apr 16, 7:16pm
yeah the 2.8 way better engine than the 3.1, way snapper power and just seem like they wont die.

offrd1, Apr 16, 7:16pm
The Dog And Lemon guide are idiots,unless you like Corollas .lol.

offrd1, Apr 16, 7:23pm
LOL there were a lot of Mans 4x4s that would have got real pissed off with mine.remember once passing 54x4s in a swamp all stuck in a big way the Old MU had to wait while they got themselves out and back track,i just carried on it was funny as [ from a certain Club .lol.] they wouldn't even talk to us after .mostly Cruisers & Patrols

A BIG PS HERE i would only buy a manual,have seen to many auto's Blow

inkapuka, Apr 16, 8:02pm
OK i did sorta think that they looked like a softroader and Isuzu never phased me at any stage may aswell go towards the altezza only wanted the diesel truck so i could farm rego it but hey not everything is possible
thanks guys :)

bubbles244, Apr 16, 8:10pm
they dont have strut towers!

georgieu, Apr 19, 4:04pm
I have one of these on our farm for about 5 yrs and it still goes for miles even tho its had a couple of rough days