The truck vs hotrod on the hill incident

Page 7 / 7
weatherman17, Apr 27, 11:03am
Yeah and he got it too, Well deserved to show what shit driversthere are out there10/10 to the truckie

weatherman17, Apr 27, 11:36am
Skin . you think you know. but what you no is Jack S%&t
But hey the worlds full of know alls

johnf_456, Apr 27, 12:03pm
Give the guy a break

mrcat1, Apr 27, 3:15pm
What the turkey in the rod did is actually becoming more common, they get pissed of sitting behind the truck's or even cars and utes towing trailers, i have had it done to me towing a trailer behind my ute. If anyone has ever towed a trailer they will know that everyone always trys to race them at passing lanes etc to get passed them no matter what, they dont want to get stuck behind them. What the truck driver did was spot on, passing the slower unit and moving over as soon as practical, the tosser in the rod did that to slow the truck down just to piss the truckie off as the rod has had to wait before he can pass the truck, i know that piece of road south of Warkworth going up to the viaduct and there is quite a long passing lane up that hill so no need for the rod tosser to do that. Shame the rod tosser didnt do that stunt 20+ years ago to some of the heavy haul boys, they wouldn't have slowed, more likely pushed even harder to make sure they did get him and simply bounced him straight off the road and over the bank. I had a older guy in a Volvo suv do this to me the other day with a trailer on going up a hill, i opened up the 450 a bit to get up a hill and came up behind this guy and what does he do but stand on the brakes to slow me and then stands on the loud pedal, i thought you mongrel. i did however find at the next passing lanes that i'm still getting used to the new mirrors though, they give a different view to the actual distance i found when i passed him and pulled back over to the left lane.

skin1235, Apr 27, 8:56pm
weatherman, I watched a video and formed an opinion from that viewing
psychology 101 tells you that if 2 people report the same incident you will very likely have 2 completely different reports, psychology 102 tells you that both will defend their view, believing it to be right and the other wrong

later in psychology you'll find that people will tell lies, deliberate lies, to enhance their own perspective of an incident, the size of those lies can often be ascertained by the defence of those lies the liar is willing offer, and when they start personal attacks to defend them you can be sure it is also known to them that their lies are close to exposure

you actually have an advantage over most - you are a personal friend of the driver - and you can actually ask questions and relay the answers
for some reason you have ignored that avenue

your defence has become personal insults, does the second paragraph apply

skin1235, Apr 27, 9:05pm
so I ask again, what was the charge he was fined under, and against what vehicle

weatherman17, Apr 27, 10:22pm
Yip i know alot about it,more than you and your sumizing, you haveyour own opinon for sureThat rod was inches from being tapped,Driver braked had as to avoid hitting him. He was charged with making a Dangerious passing manover.in front of the truck

skin1235, Apr 27, 11:55pm
I guess a thanks for that info is in order, even if it had to be manipulated out of you, and it is coloured to your belief too

personally my view hasn't changed, why should it, the vid hasn't changed - it still shows the facts I formulated my first opinion on

why!

that was a windscreen camera, and for the rod to be 'inches away from being tapped' he would have been well under the view of the camera - something he never was, he had at least 4 mts between him and the truck, there was (in my opinion) no way the truck could have caught him

we have your word it was for ' a dangerous passing manoeuvre' and 'in front of the truck' - yet both you and I say neither driver did anything illegal in regard to those two situations, the illegal was were he drove out from under the navara and pushed him across the yellow line in avoidance

what a pity you had not given that info before it had to become personal bullying - but then some love to protect their own sense of importance for as long as they can, at all costs

les6, Apr 28, 1:20am
http://www.vidvir.com/watch/gFb
talking of trucks and cars,check this clip out!

weatherman17, Apr 28, 3:26am
Yeah skin you believe what you think. 4mts lolHave a gd day and Drive Safe

nightboss, Apr 28, 4:18am
Far out, was not expecting that, neither was the truckdriver.

truckr, Apr 28, 8:15pm
i wouldnt brake i would have rammed his arse into next week

dave653, Apr 29, 10:17pm
Holy shit. thats gonna leave a mark!

nightboss, Apr 30, 12:07am
Easy to say that, but instincts of self preservation take over and you avoid collision if at all possible. Especially so with someone that drives 40+ hours every week.

xs1100, May 7, 6:26am
hey weatherman you still around at all plse

weatherman17, May 19, 4:56am
Hey xs1100were you looking for me !

pebbles61, May 19, 5:11am
Would of been polite of the truck driver to of stayed behind the other truck and let the other road users past.

But saying that, the driver of the 'hotrod' is a complete asswipe and idiot, you don't play the brake test game when there's a 40-50T truck behind you.the laws of physics aren't on your side lol

If I were the truck driver I would of just smashed into the back of him, the video shows the other bloke is in the wrong lol

davania, May 19, 11:52am
touchy subject

robbo36, May 19, 9:30pm
It'll buff out with a bit of elbow grease.

gofer0007, May 21, 8:16am
The truckie was all good doing what he did AND I understand the hot rodder too.All i say is that i ride motor cycles and if i want to pass and the guy in front is doing 150 i will do 200 to get past.its a matter choice, if i get blocked then i wait, no problem.Roads are too small to fight over right of way.