The truck vs hotrod on the hill incident

Page 6 / 7
gmphil, Apr 14, 10:05pm
Why the hod rod driver slow down! Was it on purpose, or foot sliped of peddle or split second loss power

sifty, Apr 14, 11:59pm
Hahaha, yep, seems to be the case.

mapman, Apr 15, 4:41am
No worries skin. Look, credit where credit is due and at the risk of re-flaming the whole debate again, I actually thought you did a bloody good job in defending a no win saturation for you. At times I thought I was up against a defence lawyer so would prefer to be on the same side as you next time.

skin1235, Apr 15, 6:40am
I have to reply to that one, will be short though
thanks mapman, it helped fill in what could have long slow hrs
no eyes were gouged, no limbs were broken
next time you pick first pull on the straws
cheers and thanks for the response

xs1100, Apr 15, 7:22am
cheers weatherman will be in touch through trade me in regards to contacting driver nothing sinister,more a fact finding situation that could help me

poppajn, Apr 16, 1:02am
#128My apologies to the hot rod driver for my deemed offensive remark,
Think his name was Wayne from memory.

weatherman17, Apr 16, 2:01am
No What you said was Right! His name was Clive.
I wouldnt hav any remorse for him they way he demonstrated his lack of care for other road users.Its a shame my mate didnt tap him.But with 30 plus years driving His experiance showed in his skill to avoid collision

poppajn, Apr 21, 10:08pm
End result through now, Hot Rod driver fined $150 and 15 demerit,s.

fordkiwi27, Apr 21, 10:27pm
did clive used to live in wellington!

bruceeeeee, Apr 21, 10:36pm
No. Westmere Auckland

skin1235, Apr 21, 11:41pm
aside from the fact I seriously doubt his fully laden truck could have 'tapped' him - ask him how much he had spare to close the gap and tap him ( his 30 yrs is what pulled his foot off, and once it was off the rod was as safe as money in the bank from any 'tap', his 30 yrs experience will answer 'not possible'_
aside from that, what was the actual charge he was fined on!

weatherman17, Apr 22, 1:39am
@ skin1235.The driver braked hard as to miss that turkey .if he hadn't of that rod would have been tapped in a big way.He got off very lightly with only a fine and demerits Ive been told he's not popular in the hotrod community .

smac, Apr 22, 2:11am
I think the question was, what did he get the fine for!

skin1235, Apr 22, 2:42am
ummm, no, he didn't touch the brakes at all, my 50 yrs of work experience tells me that, if he was fully loaded, and he claims he was, on that pitch road, the slightest touch of brakes would have had him diving to the bottom of the low box, and he did not do that at all
he lifted off, and lost about 20 km of his barely 50km, and thats all he had, down 3 gears and 'fully laden' he wasn't picking up any speed at all
so how was he ever going to tap someone who came past him at maybe 70km, slowed down to 50 then slowed further once the truck lost momentum, then very easily drove away from him when he considered it time to drive on
the popularity of the 32 driver wasn't actually of any consideration at all
but from your answer it is apparent that your mate is the closest thing to a god you can find, does your mate the truck driver ever get sick of your tongue being constantly inserted or does he like it (you) that way
just to p*** you off I'll have a stab at the charge - dangerous driving - and nothing to do with the truck, oh boo hoo, no glory coming his or your way, but because he accelerated out from under the navara pushing him across the yellow line, and thats where the charge came from
remember accelerated - that thing your mate had absolutely no chance in he** of doing ( unless he's lieing about being fully laden),- actually increase speed to match or better the vehicle in front of him, actually better the speed if the intent is to 'tap' him
your mate may well regret lifting off, he may well like to dream about what he should/coulda/woulda done along with all the expletives he can muster but thankfully somewhere he found a half an ounce of 'professional driver' and lifted off - I bet he curses himself now for unconsciously being a professional driver and will argue that deficiency complete with even more expletives

skin1235, Apr 22, 2:49am
if you have any brain at all you'd see from my previous posts on this matter that I will keep it peaceful as long as you do too, insult my intelligence or try to drag self effacing herrings across and I'm likely to respond to the insult

quater, Apr 22, 3:59am
Ok I see what the h/r did he slowed the truck down to allow the other trafic to pass, maybe the truck driver could have done it himself and saved a close call.

weatherman17, Apr 22, 6:19am
LOL is that what you see. what a dip you are .

quater, Apr 22, 7:15am
Thank you I do try

john26a, Apr 22, 9:10am
Always has to be the truck driver in th wrong. You car drivers need to stand up when your in the wrong.

poppajn, Apr 22, 9:20am
Ya wat!

skin1235, Apr 22, 9:51am
I don't think he was in any legal wrong, and freely admit the 32 driver did do legal wrong - but not to the truck
what gets my goat is the total lack of reality most claim as fact when in fact it is just another foul mouthed truckie dreaming he is bigger than that reality, and some here are too enamoured to call it what it is - and quite obviously have never driven with more than 5 tonne behind them

quater, Apr 22, 10:16am
I just can't understand why trucks need to pass other trucks when there is a stack of cars waiting to pass. Would like to know what speed he needed to go to pass the other truck. Anyway I don't condome what the H/R did but would it be on TV if the truckie just hung back!

bill-robinson, Apr 22, 6:41pm
so the truckie just wanted his 5 seconds of fame. pass the tui

kingfisher21, Apr 23, 12:41am
Hmmm, why do you need to pass cars! Would it of been on TV if the rod driver wasn't so much of an asshole!

ianrich, Apr 23, 4:29am
If that is what you saw I would strongly suggest you go back and have a close look at the clip again because in my 25 years of being a professional driver I can say for certain that the driver of the truck had to brake pretty hard.