Swapping Cars (my listing for the following.)

jason18, Apr 22, 8:03am
Gtis are good little cars but solidness and the better deal I think you are getting the raw end. That gti I reckon would be worth maybe 3k. Yours is a much better car.

nick91111, Apr 22, 8:08am
Yeah it had 30k less km's than mine but I feel mine feels nicer to drive and ride in with more km's. Makes you notice when you drive away in the car you want to swap and it feels better! hmm

andrea_w, Apr 22, 8:10am
Get a pre-purchace inspection done by a trusted mechanic.
Typically, they are a reliable car but who knows how this one has been treated.

nick91111, Apr 22, 8:13am
Yeah if I agreed, I would definitelyget a pre-purchase check done by a mechanic (not AA or other garbage!) I just can't decide if I wish to even go to all the effort, if even driving it feels a bit odd! Would a pre-check typically include a drive! I thought more just a thorough inspection, compression test etc!

aragorn2003, Apr 22, 8:17am
Keep the cef. , you'd be getting the short end of the stick for sure. Would have thought at the price your asking you'd get afew bites

nick91111, Apr 22, 8:22am
Yeah I have been getting some interest just mainly people with are you firm on price, or do you want to straight swap my holden commodore with 280,000kms lol. With the amount spent on the cef, its barely worth selling as it is, but I need something a bit smaller

richardmayes, Apr 22, 10:35am
It's almost like comparing a big heavy 4-door sedan to a small performance-oriented 3-door hatch with low-profile tyres, eh.!

pyro_sniper2002, Apr 22, 10:48am
Your car really suites those wheels just btw, I see it (or used to) on my way to work most mornings.

doug207, Apr 22, 10:54am
That Pulsar is priced far too high.
They crack the chassis along the seams on the firewall and rust in the rear guards, have seen some begin to pull the spot welds on the roof too.
Not really anything special to drive, but still a fun car.
I'd have to say you're asking a fair bit for the Cefiro too, you could get a later model Maxima with a high spec interior for less or if you wanted a FWD V6 manual a Radisich Telstar, which is a far better performing car.
I do however think your Cefiro is the better car in this case.

nick91111, Apr 22, 12:22pm
Cheers. You should still see it for a while yet!

nick91111, Apr 22, 12:26pm
Thanks for shedding some light on possible issues with the Pulsar. A later model high spec maxima with 160,000kms and manual for cheaper! I'm not specifically after a FWD V6 as I want to swap for something smaller. Cheers

n1smo_gtir, Apr 22, 12:40pm
i had the next model up pulsar, drove along and thought the clutch felt funny, 10 min later the friggin cable snapped. lucky ma mate was experience in driving manual without using clutch n just shift based on rev speed. i drove his back n he didnt crunch the gear once in the 15k journey to my place. 70 bucks for a new clutch cable and a dozen bottle of his fav beer and car back up and running. the pulsar i found gave me great fuel economy. other than that one off clutch cable incidence i never had any issues. great car for single or a couple with no kids. that was back then.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 22, 12:42pm
your V6 obviously is a family orientated car with much more power and towing grunt. your choice.

nick91111, Apr 22, 12:48pm
Yeah its great on the open road and nice and big, I just want something a bit smaller for in the city (parking etc)

nick91111, Apr 22, 12:50pm
Yeah this feels like a clutch cable perhaps too

morrisman1, Apr 22, 9:07pm
A shonky clutch cable will be stiff to push and feel stiff on the way back up too. Its a 5 minute job to pull it out and see how freely it moves.

They give plenty of warning but its just a matter of identifying that the stiff clutch is the cable. Sometimes it will cause clutch slippage too if the cable isnt allowing the clutch to grip properly.

kcf, Apr 22, 9:29pm
That Pulsar would be realistically priced at $2800, that is absolute moon money for an N14 Gti, even with half those km's on it.Lousy deal from your point of view I'd say.