New law effective 1/5/2012--warning

kazbanz, Apr 24, 5:36am
From mid-February it has been possible for financiersto search and receive details of individuals??

moosie_21, Apr 24, 5:41am
I don't see a problem with this.

bashfulbro, Apr 24, 5:44am
Great Idea.

msigg, Apr 24, 5:50am
Yea, pay your fines to the state first. Nothing wrong with that.

kazbanz, Apr 24, 6:05am
I see the boy racer set all over the land wailing and tearing their hair out at the way "the man" can take their cars off them and sell them to pay their thousands in outstanding fines . ANDhow its "so unfair" that no finance company will lend them money to finance the cars that got them the fines in the first place.

intrade, Apr 24, 6:11am
the government is bankrupt and has huge debt the money just goes on itrest that they pay down the gurgler. they should file for bancrupcy like every one else but they are almighty and have the superior right same goes for usa. and all them bankrupt european states.

skiff1, Apr 24, 6:12am
sensible, unusual from any govt, but welcome

rovercitroen, Apr 24, 6:17am
You are absolutely correct intrade. Most of us tucked away down here don't realise what a dire state the Western World (economically) is in.

neo_psy, Apr 24, 7:54am
Hooray. Sounds good.

gammelvind, Apr 24, 8:33am
Time some people find out about something simple, a reality called consequences. Pay your fines!

dave653, Apr 24, 9:16am
Behave yerself and you won't get into trouble! Simple really

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 24, 9:19am
Or the finance company will simple put a loading on the interest rate, those that are affected will be unable to pay and will turn to further to crime to try an keep their heads above water. And if they get caught it'll be yet another taxpayer burden to convict and sentence them.

I predict it's not going to have the effect people think it will.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 24, 9:20am
Or more accurately, done be accused of 'misbehaving' yourself or it might cost you everything. And then the government has you exactly where they want you. just like the Syrians.

kazbanz, Apr 24, 9:26am
NOPE--whey you get CAUGHT misbehaving. By the current NZ definition of the law either MAN UP and pay the fine Or MAN UPand take the cops to court if you feel you are wrongly accused.
Accept the concequences of your actions.The law change wouldn't even have been concidered if apart of society weren't of the view. "you can't touch me"

twink19, Apr 24, 9:41am
about bloody time