1995 Commodore Ute, Brake Shudder.

40wav, Apr 27, 1:02am
Hi all, I have a 1995 Commodore Ute and it has a brake shudder, BUT, only intermittantly. This morning I have stripped the front brakes down, cleaned them up and reassembled. Couldn't see anything obvious. I would suspect a warped disc but it is only intermittant. Could this be a slightly bent rim! It's as though there is a 'sweet spot' where this will happen, almost as if both front wheels need to be in a certain rotation with each other because it will be fine, then I turn a corner (changing the rotation position of each wheel) and there it is. I haven't looked at the back brakes yet (also disc) but will do soon. Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated. Cheers.

a.woodrow, Apr 27, 1:07am
Warped discs most likely, gets worse with use!

40wav, Apr 27, 1:08am
Cheers, Do you mean as they get hot!

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 27, 1:51am
Wheel alignment (including suspension bush checks) and wheel bearings should be looked at as well as runout on the rotors.

a.woodrow, Apr 27, 1:58am
Yep - if you mean intermittant as to be worse when brakes hot, this is what you would expect from warped discs

40wav, Apr 27, 2:38am
Cheers, wheel alignment seems good as tyre wear is very even and it doesn't pull to either side, bearings sound and feel ok. Intersting about the suspension bushes. How do I check them please!

40wav, Apr 27, 2:40am
No, went for a drive after this mornings work and all was cold. Would be good, turn a slight corner and try again and shudder. This is all in about 5 km. Will be the same on a long run too. Intermittant right through cold and warm running.

40wav, Apr 27, 2:41am
Also, what do you mean by 'runout on the rotors'! Check for thickness!

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 27, 2:50am
Runout - warpage. Easiest to check with a DTI.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 27, 2:51am
By levering and observing.

40wav, Apr 27, 2:57am
That's great. Cheers all for the replies and help. Some things for me to go on with.

guest, Sep 25, 6:29pm
Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your conetnt seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Thanks

guest, Sep 26, 5:24pm
Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff pourives to and you're just extremely great. I actually like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a great site.

guest, Sep 28, 2:54pm
I would like to learn exactly what my role would be shinowg up to the meeting and what should bring, etc. I am very interested but I am just a little unsure of what would be expected of me (both in this first meeting and in my total service). I will be looking forward to a reply to this. Thanks!