Draw Bridge for cars to cross ?

intrade, Apr 15, 8:28pm
Did you hearthat whangarei council build a drawbridge over the channel that yachts already almost cant get up to marina Whangarei.
The channel is never drenched right and can only be used at high tide and only just.

intrade, Apr 15, 8:30pm
Now i was in south australia my friend told me they got a drawbridge there that is now open and wont close because it is to expensive to repair it.
Whangarei already has 2 bridges across the same River 2 of em are right next to each other now they build number 3.
And we already know that the bridge in sauth australia is no longer repaired due to expense.

intrade, Apr 15, 8:32pm
here is a picture i just found of the whagarein one and spotted another problem wit that picture within secounds of looking at it
http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/northland/whangarei-leader/2501915/Council-weighs-options-for-Hatea-River-bridge

If it is built like this Tide is going up and down there . there be emense force thru the gap of water rushing past every 6 h . How long do you think that structure will last befor it is eroded away. Plus the bridge goes across the old dump. You cant imagin wat sort of braindead people must be in the council dreaming moreand more crap togather that we have to pay for in the end.

bashfulbro, Apr 15, 8:35pm
another example of a few fools in council, spending other peoples` money, $34 million, is outrageous.

intrade, Apr 15, 8:40pm
34 million is the prediction it be 250 million in the end or more. A tunnel should have been done at lets say 120 million and the project done by people who built the tunnel from france to england and not some halfa-sed monkeys with no clue if anything and the tunnel could have been done where ever sure not across the dump. there is plenty more storys like all the sewage floating in the channel each time it rains but you are not allowed to crap in there from your boat.
Now back to that bridge. Whangarei was already once flooded by king tides. maybe they try and drown the place like they did in adalaid once also when they did not open there flood gates the whole of Glenelg was under water in australia so lets do the same in whangarei or what.
Or is there agenda to drive away every one with a yacht so they can fill in the marina with rubble and seal over the top. I did hear the people need to pay to get the bridge to open. that would mean no one will come up and whangarei will be a ghost town when no yachts come up here no more.

intrade, Apr 15, 8:50pm
Also traffic lights for right turning traffic in whangrei have no green arros. I seen cars stuck there 10 cars and not 1 could move when light was green and that was not even rushhour time. That is where money should be spent to fix real problems.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 15, 9:33pm
Poor channel, with all those internal parasites.