Marquip air compressor

daz59, May 2, 9:35am
Im looking at the 16cfm single phase marquip compressor, im wanting a quiet compressor as it will be running alot so dont want to upset neighbors. Anyone got one! how load are they!

rob_man, May 2, 9:43am
Probably as quiet as it gets, I have one and it's well within reason.

easygoer, May 2, 9:49am
I haven't got one but had a few dealings with then, 3 pot cast iron pump with belt drive and motor running at 900RPM makes for a reliable and quiet machine, it's hard to explain how loud they are or what to relate it to but they are definitely one of the quietest I have heard

stevo2, May 2, 5:40pm
They are as good as you'll get in a portable compressor

darryl, May 3, 1:55am
I have one and a Supercheap cheapy. The Marquip is quieter than the Supercheap one which is a lesser cfm rating. Good compressors - which reminds me, I must make an auction for it.LoL

joanie32, May 3, 8:30am
Easy enough to build a sound proof cabinet using polystyrene or bats. Just build in ventilation and exhaust. Other brands do silent options and thats the only difference. Marquis are a good little unit.

kazbanz, May 3, 10:16pm
Daz--I have exactly this compressor. I've had it for 4 years. Up till recently its been really quiet. I need to goout and adjust the belts -it squeaks on startup at the moment

rod-zone, May 4, 6:39am
Me also.ive built a ply box with air holes cut into it.quiet enough and a really reliable machine
Gav