Mint cortina. Hard to faulthttpwwwtrademeconzmotorsused carsfordmk1auction 472357226htm

Page 1 / 2
sifty, May 3, 7:49pm
very nicely done.

tasteful mods only

fiatracer, May 3, 9:59pm
too good to use!

trogedon, May 3, 10:12pm
Who would want to drive it staring at that dash!! Very well done car.

bellky, May 3, 10:15pm
What's wrong with the dash.

Mint car.

nightboss, May 3, 11:13pm
+1 Mint, and please explain the dash comment Trog

richardmayes, May 4, 1:46am
I like that he doesn't call it a "replica lotus cortina."

Lovely car. (Could have used slightly more glamorous wheels than the ubiquitous minilites IMHO.)

But he's built a rally car that's too good to even drive on sealed roads.

nightboss, May 4, 1:53am
"Replica" is a term of the past, the in word now is "Tribute"

as in "This is a mint Mk1 Lotus Cortina Tribute"

nightboss, May 4, 2:00am
I remember an old guy that raced a Mk2 2dr Cortina with the correct Lotus Twincam motor at Classic Car meetings usually the last car on the track (His initials were NT). He allways claimed it was a genuine Lotus though it was a GT. It was a nice car but not a true Lotus.

extrayda, May 4, 6:07am
If I was being REALLY picky, I'd not have a blue radiator.Looks like a brand new car, and tastefully done.Don't know what it is actually worth, have to find the right person I guess.I had to check for a BDA when I saw the price :-)

weymouthpainter, May 4, 7:08am
i guess if anyone in the mother country wanted a very well done restored mk1 then it would be a good price.just hope the chinese dont get into engrish crassic cars

mantagsi, May 4, 7:21am
Absolutely magnificent, museum quality car, hope the next owner takes very good care of it!

brokebloke1, May 4, 7:23am
not too many 2doors left seem to be more 4 doors around, I think he will get what hes asking, these are asking big$$$$$ in UK

doomy999, May 4, 7:32am
stunny workman ship.
that is one immaculate car but at the end of the day, its still an old cortina.
personally I cant help but think what a waste. All that work and effort on an old cortina.
Its hard to imagine anyone paying any where near his asking price when there are so much more desirable cars out there for half the asking price.

cowboy110, May 4, 7:49am
Those last 3 photo's ( the under car ones) are the clinchers.Immaculate!

trogedon, May 4, 7:52am
The rest of the car is basically GT spec but the boring strip dash lets it down.

xs1100, May 4, 8:05am
pity trevs a holden fan

807, May 4, 8:26am
Yep, the early dash ( this one ) was a bit of a shocker & didn't improve much untill the facelift in '65.

magicmat, May 4, 9:09am
Not my kind of thing, but immaculate none the less.

franc123, May 4, 9:14am
It looks very pretty and nicely detailed but how much serious reconditioning work on the mechanical stuff especially has been done! Read the auction sheet thorough carefully. Freshening things up is different from giving things a thorough inside out rebuild.I'd be wanting a good test drive of it and a comb through of the receipts before agreeing to shell out that much cash for it.Not criticizing the guy or what he has achieved.I'd agree a '65 or '66 aeroflow model would have been a better candidate.

pge, May 5, 6:02am
Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but - I only remember 4doors being assembled in NZ, and any 2doors being imports!

Anyone here who has a similar, or differing viewpoint/memory!

Anyone worked at Ford L.Hutt at that time!

Not trying to sabotage, merely trying to ascertain the exact truth.

rob_man, May 5, 6:09am
It's possible they assembled them here when they first appeared but you're right to ask that.

paul271, May 5, 9:27am
He was known as the slow moving chicane that guy!

brokebloke1, May 5, 8:26pm
spoke to my partners uncle who use to work at a ford dealership in Auckland in the 1960's he said that all 4 doors were assembled in NZ and some 2 doors were also,but ALL GT's and LOTUS were assembled in UK.
This includes 4 door GT's.

saffa2, May 5, 8:26pm
Nice car, should have stuck a 1500 in it.

cuda.340, May 5, 9:12pm
that dash is the consul cortina dash if i remember correctly.