Hi chaps, Have an old audi coupe Gt

jills3, May 5, 2:08am
Has been sitting on my section for years,need to get rid of it, so have given it a spit and polish,but as its been sitting for so many years I cannot open either drivers or passenger doors,any ideas, thanks.

bellky, May 5, 2:31am
You can't open them from the inside either! Have you tried climbing in from the boot (if that's possible)!

jills3, May 5, 2:33am
thanks bellky,looks like boot has tobe openedfrom inside.

gram, May 5, 2:54am
Any more details.year, model etc.!

jills3, May 5, 3:05am
On Motor V. L. Exemption licensingform its just says - Make - Audi,Model - Coupe,so actually I dont even know the year.

jills3, May 5, 3:09am
Have found Certificate of Registration,Model 100,year 1991.Vin/Chassis WAUZZZ44ZMN021477, CC Rating 2309

elect70, May 5, 3:15am
Is it worthgetting it on the road though,wreckers are paying up to $500 for complete cars

woody1946, May 5, 3:20am
Probably the door rubbers have perished and stuck to the doors, get some WD40 and spray it all around the door openings, you may have to use a pinch bar to 'persuade' things a bit

gram, May 5, 3:27am
Wasn't aware they made that model in a coupe style.

jills3, May 5, 3:31am
Yes same car,this one hasnt been used in years and definitely needs new tyres.

jills3, May 5, 7:57am
hahaha thank heavens hubby is a carpenter and we have a couple of those tools around here.

paul271, May 5, 9:24am
Love those old coupes, had one for about 6 months just for the fun of it. Cool looking car, but I'm a child of the 80's, so anything boxy or wedge shape is cool in my opinion! Why not throw it on T/M for a dollar reserve! You might be pleasantly surprised.

thejazzpianoma, May 5, 9:54am
They are getting a bit collectible, a case of being careful with the pinch bar and not rushing to send it to the scrappy in my opinion. Don't expect a fortune for it but its likely worth a few dollars to someone and something that's nice to see go to some use.

mantagsi, May 5, 10:44am
would be hard case if it turned out to be some rare quattro turbo with all the bells and whistles

supernova2, May 6, 2:20am
Don't suppose the doors are locked are they!Might need a slim jim.

jills3, May 6, 4:36am
No when I put key in doors the inside door knob goes up.

gram, May 6, 4:47am
Plenty of WD-40 sprayed around the edge of the doors may free stuck seals or hinges.whatever is holding them shut.

woody1946, May 6, 5:06am
Thats what I said at post #9

gram, May 6, 6:13am
Good for you.so you did. Wonder if anyone tried it.

supernova2, May 6, 8:47am
Do the rear side windows have screw type hinges or catch!Maybe take the window out.

supernova2, May 6, 8:50am
By the way the front screen is usually the cheepest window by far and in the case of something like the car in question probably the only glass that might still be possible to get.Dont take the earlier advice "any side window will do."Not a good idea at all.

00basil00, May 6, 8:58am
Try pushing the door in as you squeeze the handle, the door handles are not the best on them, any pics of it! my number is on my listing

elect70, May 7, 2:36am
Lady up raod has 4 doorshedumpedat back of sectionscappy wanted $60 totake it away ,she spent$$$ on it over the years&gave up on itaftertrans gave up. Hardly collectible