Rear seatbelts for XA

jason18, May 4, 7:32am
Hey guys, Anyone fitted later model seatbelts to the rear of there old falcons! I see it has provisions for a 3 point belt. Any ideas!

jsnl, May 4, 8:45am
Yes I fitted one for car seat in my xw and had all points there from memory.

jason18, May 4, 9:20am
What belt did you use! Would most retractable ones work!

edangus, May 4, 9:23am
I tried to get retractables in, but I failed to get them to work 100%. So went back to the lapbelts (old style).

Mine were fitted already (presume by Ford as the had the Ford logos on) was an XA Fairmont

jason18, May 4, 8:11pm
Oh true. Might have to go that route.

quickstitch, May 4, 8:57pm
Jason, i used to do seatbelt fitting. you can buy lap and diagonal belts, and also retractables to suit. the retractables will mount on top of the parcel tray, and come with a plastic cover to tidy them up. if yo want hidden retactables, you will need to cut out a section of a rear parcel tray from a doner car and weld it in, and would need certifying

brokebloke1, May 4, 9:03pm
please go to a proper seat belt fitter these guys know what they are doing, not worth the risk of people lives if seat belts arnt fitted properly.
I got 3 fitted into a EH I had cost me $500 well worth it I think

jason18, May 4, 11:46pm
All the holes are there so it just a bolt in operation doesnt need to be pro fitted. It has lap belts but want diagonals. Na i dont mind if they are not hidden. Cheers quick stitch will do some investigating