How do u know if a car/van is Fuel Injected

Page 2 / 2
phillip.weston, May 6, 11:34pm
Being 1993 it should be injected unless it's the real basic model van. 1993 should be on the changeover from the 8V to the 16V engines, in which case all the 16V engines are fuel injected (apart from the 1600cc if you are unlucky to have one of them). All the 2.4 engines are fuel injected too. If it's a 2.0 and earlier than 1990 then it's most likely carb while 1990 to 1993 2.0 could be still carb, especially if NZ-new.

tigra, May 7, 1:18am
Who would buy a vehicle sight unseen (off TM) when the owner/seller doent know if its fuel injected or not! Look elsewhere angelstarr1

angelstarr1, May 7, 1:42am
I totally agree. I went and seen one on the wknd altho the van was nice they wouldnt and still wont put a WOF on it, I asked why and was told couldnt be bothered and don't have the time, asked how many owners ect and why he would put a Reg on it but no answer so I wont be going there

nightboss, May 7, 1:47am

brapbrappy, May 7, 8:19pm
Very Wise! Anybody who says they cant be bothered putting a WoF on is most certainly lying and in full knowledge that it would fail

angelstarr1, May 7, 9:57pm
I went into car jam and had a look again last night and it failed a wof almost every other time cause it showed the wof date twice on occassions, he told us that he bought it off a guy who he couldnt remember his name, yet when he was put under pressure on his auction he said it was well serviced because it belonged to a rest home wtf. There was something not right with what ever he had to say. The new owner as of last night had a automatic bid on it so this will be interesting.