Bad points about this car

Page 2 / 2
dsrturbo, May 9, 7:58am
Its big, its heavy and it's going to go through a lot of fuel. Not recommended!

maddog007, May 9, 8:00am
it will cost you about 2 grand to fix everything, when you take it in for a service.

a.woodrow, May 9, 8:01am
Why, because it's thirsty! Not everyone cares so much about fuel consumption

a.woodrow, May 9, 8:03am
Oh yep can you share what's wrong with it as it doesn't specify faults in the auction, you must know the owner!

jahra7, May 9, 8:10am
mmn might flag it now.

thanks all for your support :)

edangus, May 9, 8:15am
2K for an average 18yr old Volvo! Not for me thanks

maddog007, May 9, 8:15am
i just know that its a old volvo, has been mucked with by the sounds of it, will have a shit trans, worn suspension, parts will be expensive, service light will constantly flash, & probably has an ABS fault too.

jahra7, May 9, 8:21am
*screams*

jahra7, May 9, 8:21am

thanks all.

grangies, May 9, 8:27am
You'll be ok.

There's many many many many worse vehicles out there for under $3000.

Even if it did crap out in a year or two from now. It's not as if it cost you mega bucks.

jahra7, May 9, 8:40am
thankyou grangies, yes i share your views too.
cheap enough for a year or two. hopefully more :)

hijacka, May 9, 8:57am
The car is hated just as much as the driver is, Every time i get stuck behind one of these beached whales of wagons i don't just curse at the driver, i curse at the driver and the car at the same time:). '' Farkn Volvo Driver'' LOL

hijacka, May 9, 9:00am
Oh joy;) i see you bought it. You are becoming a re breed of people jahra7 and hopefully the car doesn't last very long so traffic can get back to normal

jahra7, May 9, 9:02am
hahahahaha, i will smile at the haters and wave :)

jahra7, May 9, 9:03am
well . all i can say is i like rare. yep noice!

mark.52, May 9, 9:30am
Good points about this car:

It appears it's not going to be regularly driven anywhere near my stamping ground.

phillip.weston, May 9, 9:46am
well no one here has obviously owned a Volvo 850 T5 then. those Volvos are the first of the new generation (at the time) Volvos which tried to shake the old boxy slow and tank like image and they were able to pull it off pretty well. Thankfully they did still share the robustness and over-engineering of the earlier Volvos. The engine is Porsche designed and is nice and torquey and has a very nice note to it.

The issues I had with my 850 T5 were mostly cosmetic - the roof lining had sagged and the edge of the dashboard where it curves in to meet the center console had deformed in the sun. Mine was a Singapore import which may have had something to do with it. Mechanical issues were limited to just the right front shock squeaking a little over some bumps and the O2 sensor light coming on due to needing a new O2 sensor (wasn't expensive to replace either).

Damn good car for the money I say! I want to buy another 850 T5 but this time a wagon and paint it up in BTCC livery.

lugee, May 9, 9:52am
Being a Volvo it's probably worth more than that in scrap metal tonnage

papariccardo, Jul 14, 8:50am
Testing the waters - came here looking at the T5. Not thirsty, cheap to fix, amazingly reliable if serviced. I have a couple.