Bad Passing/Radio NZ/Facebook/Youtube link

mcscottwgtn, Mar 7, 5:41am
Radio NZ has recently been talking about a youtube clip about one truck passing another, using the passing bay up, then a hotrod rips past and slams on the anchors. Anyone know the clip as I can't find it!

andrea_w, Mar 7, 5:47am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=v8skZ5mv0Ak

Already been a thread about it, it's been removed though

mcscottwgtn, Mar 7, 5:56am
Thanks. Sweet clip.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 7, 6:09am
Bit more to that story I'm sure, but a dumb thing to do in front of a truck all the same.

kazbanz, Mar 7, 6:21am
Goshya know that looked like the hot rod guy deliberately hit the pics to force the trucky to slow right down and have to crawl the hill. I think He mighta underestimated the trucks pace and overestimated the trucks brakes.

gunhand, Mar 7, 6:38am
I said it in the last thread, I really dont see any brake lights come on. But I may be blind.

kazbanz, Mar 7, 6:40am
nope I saw no break lights but they slowwed really fast.
I guess the other possibility is they were trying to be conciderate and let tyhe other cars get past

aragorn2003, Mar 7, 6:42am
http://exposures.gen.nz/hot_rod_reunion.htm , seems to be big in the scene.

Weither he has a axe to grind with truckers or put on the brakes to allow other cars to pass before the lane closed or did it to p1ss off the trucky or as someone said on another forum his foot may have slipped off the pedal and so it looked like he braked but really didnt. Only he can answer it properly

shazron, Mar 7, 6:43am
should have bunted him right up the you know what the asshole

aragorn2003, Mar 7, 6:43am
http://www.nz-hotrod.com/photopost/showphoto.php!photo=97

Read the description and it says where the guy works or is it a club not sure

carstauranga001, Mar 7, 6:43am
Or were nervous that whilst passing they had got up to 110 KPH (or more) and needed to slow down in case the nasty police were up ahead.

cuda.340, Mar 7, 7:46am
you might be onto it in a way. possibly he had a Radar Detector & when he passed in front of the truck his detector went off because of interferrence with the trucks detector. like a lot of people new to these gimmicks they brake at anything. i flicked my detector & just watch the roads these days. much safer.

countrypete, Mar 7, 8:43am
Or maybe he and the other cars that also managed to get past were stuck behind two trucks for many kilometres, then when a passing lane begins, the second truck uses the bulk of the lane to pass truck one, preventing almost all the other cars from getting past!Maybe hotrod driver was making a point (albeit a silly one)!

sgrants, Mar 7, 9:23am
plus 1

xpfairmont, Mar 8, 3:21am
No truck should pass another truck if there are cars behind on a passing lane like that. The truck isn't as close as it looks, but still a stupid thing to do. Most truck drivers are great drivers but we only remember the one's we get stuck behind.

footplate1, Mar 8, 3:45am
Agree with you.But hell, those truck drivers who do overtake, no matter what, really . me off!As do the ones who use Route 39, where there are no passing lanes.

croco1, Apr 11, 8:42am
That video of the hot rod jamming his brakes on in front of the truck, has just featured on TV3's Road Madness show.