Help please with radio security code

malben, Aug 5, 5:40am
x1
Hi, My battery went flat on my 1994 Ford Telstar XRI hatch.I had the manual, but can't find it. Does anyone have one of these, and know what the code is, and how to enter it please! It's my runabout, and miss the radio. Ford dealers don't go that far back. TIA

jono2912, Aug 5, 5:42am
Time for a new stereo.

andrewph, Aug 5, 5:46am
If youre lucky you may have the original owners manual from the glove box. Its usually written inside the cover or first couple of pages.

jono2912, Aug 5, 5:47am
Re-read the OP.

malben, Aug 5, 5:49am
That's the book I've misplaced.

tmenz, Aug 5, 5:51am
You need to contact a Ford dealer, quote the registration number and be prepared to prove you own it. They should be able to give you the code.

mugenb20b, Aug 5, 5:51am
Like Jono said, get a new stereo. Who wants to listen to a 17yo clunker anyway! Right!

malben, Aug 5, 5:59am
It's a blardy nice radio, and will be rid of the car in 6 months. It's just a pain with no sounds. I drive to work at 4am, and like the company.

gabbie411, Aug 5, 6:11am
Say its 1234 I think you enter the numbers by pressing 1 Once then 2 Twice 3 Three times etc. Butyour a bit stuck without the code

jash3, Aug 5, 6:31am
Try taking the radio out it could be on the unit you never know worth a try.

malben, Aug 5, 6:39am
We tried that, thinking it was the fuse for the radio, but it's good. We can get it to go for a while, and then it dies. We need a code to hold it.

yeahm8, Aug 5, 7:16am
I've found ringing Ford very helpful, just give them the rego number and they give the code.

malben, Aug 5, 7:20am
We have. Te Awamutu and then Hamilton. They don't have records pre 1998

malben, Aug 5, 7:23am
Quite funny really. How long do Ford expect their cars to last! Food for thought aye!

malben, Aug 5, 8:03am
Thanks for that bob, but how the hell do you put the numbers in! It just sits like a dork.

nave12, Aug 5, 9:13am
I had an old stereo out of a 1991 falcon,took it into them(Carson Taylor Ford Rotorua) and they looked at a number on the stereo(serial number!) then put it into their computer and bam there was my code i needed.How about finding someone on here selling the same kind of car as yours and see if they could look through their manual to see how the code is put in,just a thought.

groverg, Aug 5, 9:45am
2,4,3,5 something like that.

owene, Aug 7, 9:58am
Costs $65. Buy a new one.

owene, Sep 18, 10:00pm
Once you've tried 9 times, it'll be stuffed anyway as they self destruct.