Bloody Murphys Law.

paulap, Apr 4, 9:02pm
Why does everything pack in on your car when ya budget is at it's worst!

First tyres, didn't last very long with the roads I drive.
Second, water pump.
Third, seal around back side window if good, if bad it means rust not just the seal.

Hopefully that is the last thing to need fixing for the next six months. Maintenance on this one is preventing me from saving for a decent one. Could possibly sell the children but that might be a tad illegal. Is it legal to lease them out.!

skin1235, Apr 4, 9:14pm
first, get tyres suited to the road, not your imagined image, second water pumps wear out, can be prolonged with correct additives as they aslo lube the seals, third, seal around window!, is this a van type, slip it out and clean, apply correct sealant and refit

paulap, Apr 4, 9:16pm
Got tyres suited to the road. Cost me more than I wanted to pay at the time. They lasted half the distance of the ones before them.

Yip I know water pumps wear out.

Got car booked in to get window done properly next week. Will check on the weekend for any rust etc.

skin1235, Apr 4, 9:23pm
don't take it too harsh paulap, tyres wear due to surface conditions and driver habits, if the recent ones only lasted 1/2 the distance of the previous then something has changed and the recent tyres were not suited for that change
how many k's has the pump done
still not sure re the rear side window, is this in a door, like a rear quarter light or in a panel like a van, is it actually a wof issue or can it be simply resealed to maintain weather proofing

paulap, Apr 4, 9:25pm
It is a wagon. Back drivers side window. For the first time water visibly came through it this morning.

But annoyed about the tyres and spent ages scouting around for ones for what driving I do. But thems the breaks owning a car.lol

I have no idea how long this water pump has been in the car. Probably the original one. Car is an VZ commodore.

moosie_21, Apr 5, 6:31am
Sell the kids, you won't regret it!