Water marks in paint

yogibearz, Apr 4, 5:36pm
My wifes near new car is starting to show water marks in the paint. Everytime its washed it is dried but obviously over time when its used on rainy days marks slowly appear. Any body know what gets them out! Its a dark colour which shows scratches etc easily so I dont want to make more marks by using the wrong product. Is the Pacer product called deox any good !

grangies, Apr 4, 6:52pm
If the marks are bad, you may need it professionally valeted or take it to a car painter and get them to cut the marks off.

Then take it home and give it a good silicon wax. Turtle Wax Ice Liquid polish works good.

Never heard of Pacer Deox. Do you have a link!

thejazzpianoma, Apr 4, 10:38pm
A good place to start is with a clay bar. Get an actual clay bar not a "liquid clay bar". Best place to buy one is at an automotive paint supplier but repco can sell you one also.

Jump on to youtube for instructions on how to use it. You don't need expensive "detailing spray" to do with it just a squirty bottle of soapy water.

Follow that up with a good wax. I prefer to use farecla products which again can be bought at an automotive paint wholesaler. Farecla products are a better quality product than you can buy at the likes of repco and they are far better priced. A massive litre bottle should be about $45 and will last you years and years.

If the clay bar dosn't get the marks out then it may need a light machine polish. You can take it to a groomer but you can set yourself up with all the gear to do it properly for under $200 and you will likely pay at least that for just the one polish at the groomers. Ask me how to do that if you are going to though as there is a specific way of getting a professional setup for a cheap price.

Also. if the water marks are coming from your hose water as opposed to the rain andyour shower door gets similar buildup. Then consider investing in a line filter at the toby where your water enters the property. This will stop it happening in future.

Also. a quick run over with farecla wax top or similar every 1-2 months will help keep the water away as well. Its quick and easy to apply that sort of product by hand so not such a big drama. Just repeat the clay bar first anytime thepaint has contaminants in it so you don't seal them in.

yogibearz, Apr 5, 12:07am
Thanks Jazz more than happy to do it myself so will look for a clay bar first up. Does it have a fine abrasive quality to it.! What would you expect to pay for it any idea !