Sick of car shopping!

krisbop, Apr 2, 4:22am
Have 9k to spend on a car, want something nice but am totally realistic.
Have found alot of sellers to be very rude and untrustworthy, saying they have replaced cambelts ect when the model actually doesn't even have one! just want a nice descent reliable car why is that so hard! any suggestions on something good would be much appreciated. 9k is my budget i am not going over that.

curlcrown, Apr 2, 4:24am
Go to some respectable dealers, in that price range you will often find the best deals on yards and not private.

thunderbolt, Apr 2, 4:47am
OP, What boxes does your new car need to tick!
What sort of driving mainly! Local or long trips!
2 door, 4 door, 5 door hatch!
Towing!
Space to carry large adults or loads!
What is more important! power or economy!
Auto! manual!

The more you think about the vehicle requirements, the easier the choices are.

bellky, Apr 2, 4:51am
Agree with above^. If you don't know what you want you are asking for trouble. Once you know what you want, do your homework. Buying a car (or anything) is hard work. It's your (hard earned probly) money, spend it wisely!

rotoiti, Apr 2, 5:08am
what's wrong with getting an import! go to a wholesalers yard - might see some cars in better condition since they're nz new.

kazbanz, Apr 2, 5:37am
krisbop-
9k gets you easilly into aNissan silphy/pulsar (jap/nz name)
Gets you into 04-06 mazda demio
Gets you into chevvy cruize/suzuki swift 04 shape
Gets you into Nissan avenir 00-06
Gets you into 04-05 toyota funcargo
gets you into 04 Opa
ALL chain driveall auto
Tahts without evven thinking too hard

trdbzr, Apr 2, 5:45am
Most caryards sell imports, very few car yards are exclusively 'nz new'. And NZ New means the car was bought brand new in NZ from the dealer. A used second hand import does not become 'nz new' just because it has not been registered in NZ yet.

krisbop, Apr 2, 9:24pm
i am thinking bmw 318tior suzuki swift, maybe a nissan tida. want to get the most out of my budget ofcourse, have 3 days left to find a car! and still no luck

bellky, Apr 2, 9:35pm
Why 3 days! Take your time!

scuba, Apr 2, 9:44pm
krisbop wrote:
i am thinking bmw 318tior suzuki swift, maybe a nissan tida. want to get the most out of my budget ofcourse, have 3 days left to find a car! and still no luck[/quote

don't buy a car solelyto get within the 3 day limit or it could be an expensive error. buy a car because if ticks all or most of the boxes with you.
be aware while most people selling cars on here are fairly honest some people will fill the pages with outright lies to sell a vehicle and othersdon't tell lies they just don't tell you anythings wrong either so check feedback.

If you cant tell the difference then get hold of someone who can or someone you can trust with enough knowledge to help you buy
or go to a car dealer with a good rep. talk to your friends someone will know someone.and always go with gut instinct,,lol

krisbop, Apr 2, 10:01pm
3 days as i start new job and loose company car. my gut instinct is saying be cautious of everything so i have missed out on a few from procrastinating arhhhhh it really sux and what i want it generally a couple of thousand over my budget

r15, Apr 2, 10:05pm
finance the remaining 2k!you've got a job- cant be too hard to pay off 2k

kazbanz, Apr 2, 10:22pm
So krisbop -if you havent found the car you want in your budget -or when it is its clearly dodgy-doesn't that clearly tell you something!
Im guessing by swift you refer to the new shape swift (05 and later) and the beemer will be 03 or later. I'm paying more than your budget to get QUALITYcars of the types/models you describe.
Sorry if that sounds harsh-not intended that waybut if the budget is the bit set in stone maybee you need to rethink your other criteria.

bellky, Apr 3, 2:19am
The Swift is way cooler than that thing though.