Holden fan

75ta, Mar 30, 10:48pm
I have a VX Commodore and the heater fan was playing up. It would only go on full speed which i googled and it pointed to the fan speed resistor being faulty. i took the car to an auto electrician who confirmed that this was the case and have ordered the part (to be fitted Monday). No problems but when I picked the car up the fan was working fine in both manual and automatic mode. my question is do these resistors play up and work intermittently or do they go or not go! I am just wondering if it is the resistor or another problem!

nave12, Mar 30, 10:54pm
I thought that this was going to be a thread about how you were a holden fan as the title comes across Lol.

ryanm2, Mar 30, 11:05pm
will be the resister/ relay. Common fault in many makes of cars. The electrical components pack up giving you no intermediate fan speeds. Nothing to lose sleep over.

75ta, Mar 30, 11:18pm
Thanks I am not worried about it just unsure why the fan would start working again without the resistor being replaced. If it can be an intermittent fault I would replace it. I just am unsure as to it being checked as being faulty and then start working without being replaced.