Mini needs new motor

Page 3 / 3
dunwoody, May 18, 9:38pm
I have a Leyland Mini 1000 engine and radiator sitting in the shed . It is an excellent motor but is jammed in gear. Started to get into it to free it up but have stopped at the flywheel. Am willing fo sell if you are interested to take it away.

attitudedesignz, May 18, 9:43pm
LMFAO, that goes to exactly what i was saying 'bout the flywheel being a pain. If i had a dollar for every person i've seen or spoken to who was going to "re-build" their 'A' series motor but stopped at the flywheel, i'd have exactly $21.

wrxnz1, May 18, 9:55pm
ok can you give me some info about it was it running before taken out of car how long has it been sitting ,how many ksit done and last of all how much would u be wanting!

wrxnz1, May 18, 9:56pm
i wouldnt have a problem doing those suggestions but i think the mini would hold more value if it was keept orignal!

wrxnz1, May 18, 9:57pm
might be $22 soon lol

attitudedesignz, May 18, 10:00pm
The jammed in gear issue may be simple. There are 2 shafts coming out the back side of the 'box and sometimes the fittings that go on them strip, quite easy to fix.

It's too early to try to explain what i mean but smac will know & be able to explain better lol.

OP, i wouldn't worry 'bout the amount of Ks it's done, it's pretty irelevant on an 'A' series engine.

dunwoody, May 18, 10:46pm
I bought the car for the engine which i put in a small truck,which worked well axcept for the gear shift linkage leading to the gear jamming. The car was used as a clown car for a touring car fun show and was badly dented . It was not registerd and was towed on a "A" frame. I have no idea of the milage. It , the engine,has been sitting in the shed for about 4 years. Just decided to get rid of it,thought I might btry fixing it and selling it but as you are so far away you can hve it for nothing, but moving it is your expense.

attitudedesignz, May 18, 11:17pm
Now that's an offer the OP shouldn't refuse.

Good on ya mate.

smac, May 19, 12:20am
hmmm.could be something as simple as a roll pin in the linkage, but it also be a broken selector fork with metal shredded through the engine.Kinda tough to trouble shoot remotely. As above, I'd suggest heading on over to ausmini.

pebbles61, May 19, 12:26am
Interesting thrad, let us know how you get on.

On that note, does anyone have an unwanted Austin/Morris/Wolseley 1800 engine and gear box to sell! =D

wrxnz1, May 19, 1:02am
oh wow that is very kind of you there are still some good kiwis left :)
ill have a look around to see how much it will cost to get sent here
anyone know ruffly how heavy they are!

dunwoody, May 19, 1:55am
Put it on bathroom scales, 130kilos

movnon, May 19, 3:30am
cost doesnt seem to be an object. only a real expert could tell the difference between any of the A series engines, stick to the single carb as on 1300s & a cert would be rediculous (a technicality)

wrxnz1, May 19, 4:18am
is that all lol

also are you able to put it on a pellet! ill try PBT on monday for a price and get back to you

dunwoody, May 20, 10:40pm
Tell me about it 092357211