Tonys Tyre Services (Hamilton) (Cool story, bro)

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Aug 17, 9:43am
Me very happy with "Tonys Tyre Service" in Hamilton

Thats 3 flat tyres fixed & rebalanced for free, free coffee & all done on the spot in the last 6 months ish

splinter67, Aug 17, 9:06pm
The Napier one is just as good never had to weight longer than an hour to get it back

scuba, Aug 17, 9:32pm
then why did they need to recheck it!
and thatsofficer scuba to you.hahahahah

scuba, Aug 17, 9:33pm
so it was a short weight

scuba, Aug 17, 9:33pm
do you own the business

splinter67, Aug 17, 9:41pm
Give me a break too many bourbons last night

scuba, Aug 17, 9:43pm
wish i had that problem:-)

splinter67, Aug 17, 9:45pm
I wish I didnt I hate Hangovers

friendly_prawn, Aug 17, 10:03pm
yep they are great. free puncture repair too.
but with their advertising sticker they asked if they could put it on my car. Gave me the option of saying no.
They get a big thumbs up from me too!

mrfxit, Aug 17, 11:42pm
LOL yea funny crud aye scuba . NOT .

With the latest punchure, it was in fact a very slow leak that had been pestering me for months.
They had to strip the tire off FIRST, before they found the tiny nail poking through inside because it had gone in via a water duct (hence NO HOLE to be seen) .
Not all flats tires can be fixedcorrectly 1st time

spottie, Aug 18, 2:26am
Last puncture I had Tonys fix was a slow leak with a nail in it. Dropped it in on Monday picked up on Tue , checked to see the repair only to find it still had a nail sticking out. So took it back to be fixed again. Time before that they put the wrong size tyres on. I don't have a lot of confidence in them, but you can't complain if the puncture repair is free.

scuba, Aug 18, 2:43am
Any competent tyre repair outfit would find it first time.If you can't see the air leakwhen you put it in the waterthen you strip the tyre to check damage inside and round the bead.

mrfxit, Aug 18, 2:49am
Even the best tire ppl CAN be fooled some days.
Some tires only leak when .
pressured in the right place (parked)
leak while rolling
when low/ high inflated
leak HOT . or . cold

mrfxit, Sep 15, 11:15am
Another great job done from Tonys in Hamilton
1 wheel stripped & my tire put on the rim.
They checked the tire before putting it on & then dropped it in the water bath later for a leak check.
You Know . just like it's spose to be done.

Had an online voucher from last time so thats another freebee for me. ;-)
Very safety conscious there with roped off workshop & all staff wear gloves when working on tires.
Free coffee (of course)

Never ever seen that level of consideration & safety at any other tire shop before.

mrfxit, Sep 15, 11:18am
Nope, don't work there or know anybody personally either, but just saying it like it is, they give me good service & I give good comments