Tonys Tyre Services (Hamilton) (Cool story, bro)

Page 1 / 2
mrfxit, May 17, 5:39am
Brilliant morning << NOT >> . woke up to that "sagging/ let down" feeling on the Hilux this morning.
Wife not happy (because of the flat tyre reason), which made her late for work.
Blimin large self tapping screw bolt
Popped in to Tonys & they repaired it for FREE (just like they advertise) checked ALL 5 tyre pressures/ refitted wheel/ Torqued nuts/ tyre blacked rubber ;-)
Took my flat trailer tyre in later & they did that as well.

Damn good old fashioned SERVICE & with a smile.
Yea minor catch of leaving name/addy etc but HEY, .free puncture repairs

net_oz, May 17, 5:48am
Those guys deserve a slab dropped off to them.

jmma, May 17, 5:50am
Now thats the best advertising money can't buy (o:

woody1946, May 17, 6:19am
Sorry to spoil a good story, but you were a lucky one, because they------------

No, I'll leave it for now and see what others say

mrfxit, May 17, 7:01am
Hard to argue with 2 free repairs in the same day & well treated.

Yea Woody, every firm has their bad days & theres good & bad firms with in franchises but for whatever reason, today was a faultless performance for me.

kecal, May 17, 7:50am
damm arnt they supposed to ring you an say sorry tyre had it , youll need a new one,

aragorn2003, May 17, 7:52am
and they then on sell your details to marketing companies and such

motorboy2011, May 17, 8:07am
what! they onsold my ex's details I gave them! Bugger.-

mrfxit, May 17, 8:10am
Screw was near the edge but POINTING towards the center/inside of the tyre, worker checked with the foreman to be sure it was ok.

mrfxit, May 17, 8:14am
Paper junk already has a bin.
Wife is a senior csr with a common telco so they won't be happy to hear from her if it goes THAT way.

tnt423, May 17, 8:17am
Been there a few times to get punches repaired every time they reckon its going to take a week to fix.

franc123, May 17, 8:19am
You don't have to say it, those in the know are fully aware of how the business model works, whether things have changed for the better or worse under B/F control could only be answered by long term staff members I guess.

mrfxit, May 17, 8:26am
Well yea, you know that in a perfect world EVERY franchise shop would be run EXACTLY the same EVERY day.

But this is a far from perfect world . Mmmmmm

mrfxit, May 17, 8:59pm
Good morning (so far so good)
Tyres all pumped up, truck not sagging in 1 corner / SUN'S out ;-)

gusthe1, May 17, 9:35pm
maybe all four are flat

1ollie, May 18, 12:58am
Surprised no one has mentioned that the free puncture repair and refiting does not include ballencing of the wheel!

mrfxit, May 18, 2:42am
Most patchs wouldn't make any difference to the balance & if the operator is doing it right, then the tyre would be placed back in the original marked spot.
it's only a sloppy tyre fitter that upsets the balance in most cases.

Any way, who really gives a HOOT, at least you have got the tyre fixed for FREE.
Most places charge separately for puncture repair & balance

mrfxit, May 18, 2:43am
LOL yea even if that was the case, it still sits higher then most cars & other sad excuses for 4wd/awd

elect70, May 18, 3:02am
i went in with 1 tyregoing down within5 days & 1in month, did bothno charge& havent gone down since ,fast & friendlyeven fittedtyre to myride on for free .

1ollie, May 18, 3:46am
Hahaha so Tonys dont have sloppy tyre fitters! most of them are muppets(not all).
Most people would give a hoot when they get up over 70kph and they have a new vibration from the left front lol

mrfxit, May 18, 4:37am
;-)

thewomble1, May 18, 9:35am
Every time I have had a tyre repaired(Wellington area) they have balanced it as well for free.blackenedall the tyres and also checked the pressures.even cleaned the windscreen.MUST like the way I smile or something.

tshop, May 18, 9:55am
Shop in Otahuhu AKs been doing free puncture repairs for years & after new tyres are fitted, bring the car back a month later for a re-balance.

scuba, May 18, 12:43pm
why didn't they do it properly the first time!

tshop, May 18, 6:13pm
are you the tyre shop police, they did do it properly,,