Another rotting hoard of cars.

rob_man, May 19, 3:07am

bellky, May 19, 3:12am
Some characters there! Almost all of them up to the axles.

rob_man, May 19, 3:21am
Most look to be past it, shame really. Someone would kill to get hold of that Hillman convertible.

dr.doolittle, May 19, 4:51am
"vintage Honda Civics"

NEVER, EVER, NEVER, did I think I'd EVER see or hear that in my lifetime.
Some petty oddball stuff for an American.

pge, May 19, 8:39am
Can I put my dibs in for the Corvair!

sandypheet, May 19, 9:26am
I have fond memories of a Hillman Huskey.Wont go into details.Ohh my youth.

jmma, May 19, 9:33am
Pom living in USA!

franc123, May 19, 9:35am
You're forgetting that most Yanks think a 5yo car is out of date and 10yo's are scrap material, the first Civics are nudging 40 now remember.

franc123, May 19, 9:36am
That Citroen SM would be worth a few bucks, it would be even more rare being US spec.

mark.52, May 19, 10:26am
I've always had a thing for the Renault Dauphine. 5th bottom photo.

They were pretty cool. Folk I know who owned them back in the day really liked them.

rob_man, May 19, 10:34am
Remember the old small rear engined Renault from the 50s with the louvres in the boot lid! There was one of those racing at Forest Lake in Hamilton when the original production car class was introduced at stock car meetings. I'm pretty sure it was running a Dauphine engine and it used to clean up all sorts of competition until a light tap from a Valiant in the middle of a corner sent it end over end about fifteen times and it just flew apart a bit more with every bounce.
It never came back from that.

hijacka, May 19, 10:46am
Rotor project for the Husky. Brap.Brap.Brap

mark.52, May 19, 11:02am
I do remember those. Sort of like Renaults' answer to the Fiat 500. And about as powerful.
Wonder how many there are left!
Sometimes the French engineering was pretty good. The old Simca Aronde seemed to be unusually solid, and rust resistant. My Mum had one. (Didn't handle so well in the wet, though.)

zak410, May 19, 11:35am
^^ do you mean Renault 4cv! that was the model before the Dauphine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_4CV

I agree with franc123, the Citroen SM would be my pick too!