Suzuki Escudo won't start

bagal, May 19, 4:22am
1989 import, fuel injected. Set off for work the other day, fuel gauge was on E so was going to call by gas station on way but it stopped dead 200m from home. Had 10l on hand so put that in but still no start. Should the petrol flow through or will it need bleeding or something like that!

footplate1, May 19, 4:42am
Just took two weeks to get ours back.Electrical. Does yours turnover but not firing!

bagal, May 19, 4:47am
Yes turns over but not firing, Haven't checked for spark yet, just want to establish if its a fuel problem or if the low fuel was just a coincidence.

a.woodrow, May 19, 5:29am
Probably either a cooked fuel pump or you've got a fuel blockage from sucking up the muck on the bottom of the tank

nakigirl16, May 19, 6:22am
what are these jeeps like

footplate1, May 19, 9:34am
It took several days for our mechanic to find that it was some device that made the spark time correctly.I forget what is is called but can find out.A part that can't now be found new.AA couldn't diagnose it.
The faulty part was before the distributor.And not the alternator or the coil.
Let me know and I will get the techo name.

40wav, May 19, 9:35am
Crank angle sensor!

woki, May 19, 9:58am
It sounds like it is having trouble picking the fuel up and getting it to the injectors . The fuel system likes to run under constant pressure . lose of pressure means air lock . Try adding more fuel , remove the fuel return pipe and if you have access to a compressor remove gas filler cap wrap a rag around an airgun and try pressurisng the gas tank while someone trys to start the car . As soon a sit fires turn it off and reattach the fuel return pipe . ( or you will have gas everywhere) .
Try that and good luck .