My New Car

samboy, May 19, 8:39am
Yesterday I got a lovely new car, today I parked in the mall and when I came out someone had scratched right down the front passenger door.I couldnt believe it, can anyone tell me how this can be repaired, does it have to have the entire door repainted.(Mrs Samboy)

40wav, May 19, 8:42am
Wouldn't you just love to hang out in the shadows with a tazer waiting for this sort of mindless shit to happen. Some people just can't let others enjoy the fruits of their hard work. I would expect the whole door will need a repaint, but if it's brand new this should be relatively easy to match, and I hope covered by your insurance.

gunhand, May 19, 8:44am
Depends, assuming its a deep scratch well yes door will repainted. However if the door has a middle moulding it can be painted above or below if its not scratched through the two areas. And any good painter will blend the front gaurd and rear door as well so there is no noticeable touch up.
Without seeing it you may be looking at about $450 to $500 depending just how much they paint.

samboy, May 19, 8:48am
Thanks for help, its made me feel sick thinking how could someone do this so deliberately to someone they don't even know.I will try insurance, I only insured it yesterday at 3pm when I bought the car so hopefully they will cover it.

pebbles61, May 19, 10:31am
Crap, hope the insurance covers it. People who do that sort of thing need to be shot there and then.