Inside window (windscreen)

taniakaa, May 19, 8:19pm
Hi is there anything that can clean the inside glass windscreen without leaving it streaky etc. I can never get this right.

trouser, May 19, 8:44pm
Window cleaner and newsprint. Use lots of each and buff at the end.

berg, May 19, 8:46pm
I use the stuff from Smith and Smith glass. Same stuff their staff use when repairing or replacing windscreens.

taniakaa, May 19, 8:47pm
Where would you get that from plz

brokebloke1, May 19, 9:32pm
soapy water and dry with newspaper ( its how we use to do it at car dealership)

poppajn, May 19, 9:41pm
DUH.As OP said Smith & Smith.

tonyrockyhorror, May 19, 9:42pm
Use a glass cloth with nothing on it. It's putting stuff on it that CAUSES the hazing in the first place as the heat from the sun changes the compounds. My windows are free of film because I don't use anything on them.

I have a mate who cleans his car meticulously inside and out nearly every week (bugger that - I have better things to do with my spare time than scratch paintwork!) and his windows are NEVER as clear as mine. You'd be lucky if I did the insides once every few months - I do the outsides once a fortnight due to the industrial sites I often visit for work, but I use the windscreen washer almost daily - the reservoir is filled with Rain-X and 'Philm Off' detergent. You struggle to see there is even a windscreen installed on the car.

tmenz, May 19, 10:28pm
What you're often dealing with is a deposit/film left from gradual evaporation of the chemicals from the interior upholstery and trim. Warm water, a little dishwashing detergent and elbow grease followed by plain water 'rinsing' with a clean soft cloth will remove the film. Multiple 'goes' may be required if it's a heavy deposit. After that a good glass cleaner or a water/meths mixture will leave it sparkling.
Make sure the cloths are kept rinsed and clean.

andrea_w, May 19, 10:40pm
Glass cleaner + paper towel

Never had a problem with streaks using that method

edit - if it's really dirty, you may need to do it twice

berg, May 19, 10:46pm
Yep Smith and Smith glass sell it in a squirt bottle. Lasts ages as you don't need much

cowlover, May 20, 8:39am
Don't do it when the glass is hot.Ifyou can find one an old "glass cloth" tea towel is the go.Used to be white with a red strip up the middle.Think they are made of linen maybe rather than cotton.

taniakaa, May 20, 11:53pm
thanks all!