Racing scooters

gamerman_64, May 31, 9:11am
Does anyone know how I can go about thrashing my scooter round a go-kart track or similar!I really want to do some laps on it, but don't know where I can.I'm in the Auckland area.There's a kart track in Avondale, and another in Mt Wellington, do you know if they ever open these up for scooters!Cheers in advance.

nightboss, May 31, 2:33pm
Sounds like fun, we have done this before, if you can get a track day organised I am sure I can get a group of scooterists together and we can split the costs accordingly.

Here is our last trackday.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images!q=tbn:ANd9GcQZDu70dwk2gVKxuaMmvI0kQtJGNEhGu5T8banbqk5cvqioRNK5

kazbanz, May 31, 8:21pm
gamerman-- Try contacting Auckland Motorcycle club. Specifically a guy called John Conner.
They runrace meetings at the mt wellington trackabout once a month for bikes up to 150cc
usually the race meeting is on a sunday with saturday booked for practice. That would be the day to get out there.

pete172, Jun 1, 7:48am
Not sure if scooters are raced these days.They were many years back at Mt wellington kart track.
Rock up to a meeting someone will be able to tell you.
Sunday is usualy race day

jgig23, Jun 3, 10:31am
ask one of the scooter shops, I won't mention there name cos I got a warning last time aarrgghh and maybe they will sponsor an event or at least advise best place. They are into that sort of thing.