TRS - Toyota Racing Series

Page 1 / 2
pthorn, Jan 16, 8:56pm
I see the first round has been completed in the weekend.
Did I miss the coverage, or is it to be shown at a later date!
Looking like a good turnout with 20 entrys this year, seems to be getting better and better each year!

un_known, Jan 16, 10:47pm
11pm Fri TV3

rayzor14, Jan 17, 12:57am
Astounding. A category sporting less than 10 cars with predictable results gains prime time viewing whilst what is suposedly our best open wheel category is relegated to 11pm on a Friday night.

elect70, Jan 17, 3:37am
^^^ doesnt ge thyped uplike the T1 lot& probably have to pay for the air time themselves .Good to see it didnt die outwas looking pretty shaky last year .

foxdonut, Jan 17, 5:41am
God, what cars are racing! Toyota hasn't had an interesting car in over 10 years.

carstauranga001, Jan 17, 5:44am
So you arn't a follower of motorsport then! or maybe you've been in a comer for some years!

wrong2, Jan 17, 5:46am
only the most serious open wheelers in NZ in a very long time

foxdonut, Jan 17, 5:50am
F1 is Serious open wheelers.

Privateer and non F1 open wheel formula racing is boring as shit. Probably the reason I'd never even heard of this series.

foxdonut, Jan 17, 5:53am
Oh wow. 4 cylinders from the Toyota Mrs.

Yeah, have fun with that.

socram, Jan 17, 5:55am
I don't really follow it either, preferring the F5000s - real cars and many different makes.Toyotas may be our current premier single seater series, but as with all one make stuff, just not worth getting out the camera.

Look the same, sound the same, are the same.Zzzzzzz.

wrong2, Jan 17, 6:01am
neither elitiest, nor a race fan either i see

bill-robinson, Jan 17, 6:06am
F1 yep open wheels, serious never.Me thinks you need to go to a few race meetings and get away from TV.

foxdonut, Jan 17, 6:12am
Formula One is the fastest and most technical racing in the world.

Formula Toyota, Ford, Renault, etc etc is nowhere near F1 levels of tech or racing.

Put your tissues away ladies.

wotz_it_2_ya, Jan 17, 6:14am
F1 is all over by qualifying

wrong2, Jan 17, 6:16am
someone hasnt watched any for a few years then

wrong2, Jan 17, 6:16am
no need to with a post that stupid

mgmad, Jan 17, 6:20am
GP2 is, and not far off the pace. And 1% the budget of F1

foxdonut, Jan 17, 6:29am
Isn't it amazing the difference that 99% makes.

mgmad, Jan 17, 6:33am
Less than 5 s a lap. have you watched a GP2 race! Extremely good racing, and I am not a massive fan of open wheelers in general.

foxdonut, Jan 17, 6:41am
Seriously, 5 seconds is a lifetime in F1.

I watch GP2 drivers when they qualify for F1. Otherwise, like yourself I'm not a fan of open wheelers and won't go out of my way to watch anything else. I tried A1GP and Formula Renault for about five minutes and realised how pointless it was.

twink19, Jan 17, 6:51am
tier 1 is rubbish, go to HD next 2 week ends for good racing, well I hope it will be

socram, Jan 17, 8:53am
Keep your fingers crossed and pray to the weather gods. We haven't exactly been blessed with good weather for the previous two Festivals.At least there will be over 300 cars to look at, which is three times as many as the tier 1 meetings.

The HD festival is, to quote the festival chairman "all about the cars".Driver's are encouraged leave the egos at home and just enjoy it.

rayzor14, Jan 17, 10:59am
Having had the priviledge of driving one of the TRS cars at Manfield I would suggest they are anything BUT laughable.
The engine may not be big but when you consider the average driver age I reckon they represent a bloody good series with even competition.
Take a look at some of the young guns NZ has spawned in recent years who have cut their teeth in Formula Ford and the into TRS.

bopbargains, Jan 17, 6:13pm
is the A1GP series still going.!

twink19, Jan 17, 7:01pm
no, died years ago, went broke to many suits