Stupidly overpriced personalised plates,,,

bent_ate, May 31, 7:31pm
Why is it people are asking thousands of dollars for personalised plates, am I missing something! 25k+ for a personalised plate, I dont get it!

friendly_prawn, May 31, 7:33pm
now where would people be with out their dreams!

tinbox959, May 31, 7:40pm
Stupidly over priced to buy from our gov

kazbanz, May 31, 8:04pm
The value of an object in the real world is simply what someone is prepared to pay.

murray55, Jun 1, 1:32am
Absolutely ! I also have trouble getting my head around the "value"some sellers put on their goods .personalised plates are a prime example. Also just check out some of the prices under "classic cars"hahahha I swear the sellers add an extra zero "inadvertently"

sifty, Jun 1, 1:37am
I'm more concerned with the mundane models listed as 'classic' than the value put on them.

merrigj, Jun 1, 3:05am
Haha they actually put that.What does the plate even mean poor spelling of TURBO or is it stating they smell really bad TRUBO.

pythagoras, Jun 1, 3:06am
THATS ALOT OF PIE FOR A PLATE

get it PI is the value 3.14159... $314,159

freedomaira320, Jun 1, 3:45am
I think the ironic spelling is the thing that gives it value. At least it's witty, unlike most plates. But it's hard to see anyone paying that sum of money for it. Of course the seller will have the last laugh if someone does - remember something is not overpriced if a buyer pays that price.

foxdonut, Jun 1, 3:51am
Pretty sure that same guy commissioned RETARD at the same time he was ordering it.

807, Jun 1, 5:21am
ha ha . agree.

nzeva, Jun 1, 7:10am
Did that MAORI plate ever get sold for $100,000 or did the guy give up!!

merrigj, Jun 1, 7:28am
Anybody with a spare house or $315 000 may not want a mis-spelt plate on their DB9 or masseratti.