Is it legal to sell unwarranted no rego car?

mrfxit, May 31, 10:45pm
"Is it legal to sell unwarranted no rego car!" = yes
BUT >>>>
Unless you have a super good judgment ability of ppl's characters & intentions . then

Must be stated clearly as a "AS IS WHERE IS" sale & a high preference for the buyer to sign a document stating the above

When ignoring the above,.don't come crying when the buyer starts nagging you to fix things.

kazbanz, May 31, 11:04pm
apsolutely 1000% agree with the above
You MUST say the car is as is where is -and I go so far as to state when it was last registered

tonyrockyhorror, May 31, 11:26pm
I'm not aware of any defence for selling, while unlicensed, a vehicle that is required to be licensed.
Section 5(2)(a)
http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1986/0006/latest/DLM91421.html! Without current evidence of inspection, or evidence of inspection older than 1 month (not 28-days), the buyer may acknowledge that, in writing, as a condition of sale. That applies to private and trader sales. http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/rules/vehicle-standards-compliance-2002.html#912

kazbanz, May 31, 11:29pm
tony--that is why you MUST put as is where is in your advertisement

tonyrockyhorror, May 31, 11:30pm
It matters not whether you put "A.I.W.I". The buyer must acknowledge the specific fact in writing.

mrfxit, May 31, 11:40pm
Hence why I have this little blurb on the bottom of all my auctions, noting that most of my gear is s/h
"Selling as is & as per description & photo"
With attention to detail, theres no problem

mrfxit, May 31, 11:42pm
With regards to website & "live" auction sales, you are deemed to have accepted the auction conditions/information as stated, by the simple fact of bidding

mrfxit, May 31, 11:42pm
With regards to website & "live" auction sales, you are deemed to have accepted the auction conditions/information as stated, by the simple fact of bidding.

If you pay attention to reading the sale documents,(website/ sales doc's/ Live auction bidder registration doc's/ etc)theres no problem

kazbanz, May 31, 11:44pm
HMMMM- talking hypothetically here. If someone buys a car from an advert on here or similar and the advert clearly states as is where is I'd say that if it went to court that by agreeing to purchase the vehicle the buyer agrees to the t and c of the auction.
But yea I agree with your point--cover your backside by doing a receipt that clearly states the goods are as is where is and that the buyer agrees to the t and C of the auction. keep a copy of the receipt

mrfxit, May 31, 11:47pm
Agreed, good secondary back up solution for those that rush in / don't read the details of the sale.