Cambelt.

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:10am
. paid $204.00 today for a new cambelt, timing, oil pump, oil seal.

Just asking around this seems like a bargain price right! (for someone who will not do it themselves - too much work for the cambelt).

foxdonut, May 28, 5:13am
I also have a Novitec Ferrari F360. Where can I get the same deal!

scoobeey, May 28, 5:17am
well seeing as though the parts would have cm to at least that must have been free labour!

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:17am
You let me test drive it as much as er um "required" and I'll suss it myself ;)

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:18am
I paid $126.00 for the labour. so i definitely take my car back when I need something else!

stevo2, May 28, 5:20am
So where did you take it!

jasongroves, May 28, 5:21am
I don't think the Op gets sarcasm.

unbeatabull, May 28, 5:23am
What was your car! And was the it Oil pump or the Water pump replaced!

tonyrockyhorror, May 28, 5:24am
You can't get timing for that little! The last time I got some timing it cost well over $200 on it's own!

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:30am
Free tow truck to come and collect it and take it to the garage.

Took it to 0800 MY MECHANIC.

. water pump was replaced on the weekend ($50.00 for parts) hence the issues today with timing (was a tooth out). Oil pump was done today.

1993 Toyota Corona so nothing to rave about :(

unbeatabull, May 28, 5:32am
Corona cambelt kit probably around $70-80 and probably 2-3 hours work, sounds pretty reasonable actually.

snoopy221, May 28, 5:34am
Aha that's J D O timing.

Job Done Over.

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:36am
Oh thank-god, started to panic a little when I hear people saying it was pretty cheap.

snoopy221, May 28, 5:37am
paid $204.00 today for a new cambelt, timing, oil pump, oil seal.

Paid $204.00 today for a 3S! Toyota timing, belt-timing belt tensioner, oil pump seal and oil pump gasket-after someone naffed up the timing doing the water pump.(Fixed it for ya)

unbeatabull, May 28, 5:38am
It is pretty cheap. Most places would of added a bit more markup onto the parts and labour, but if it was a cash job after hours I would of charged about the same, pretty simple to do on one of them and being a Toyota of that age parts are dirt cheap.

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:44am
Yes they had to do a do over :( . after the boyfriend fixed the water pump (drove it here yesterday from Rotorua okay).

jasongroves, May 28, 5:50am
So did the boyfriend pay half since he stuffed up the timing in the first place!

a18a, May 28, 5:51am
where do these cheap parts come from! I'm after some toyota 3s stuff too.

mrsscubasteve, May 28, 5:54am
Yes, I pinched a hundy off him :)

unbeatabull, May 28, 6:06am
Toyota Dealer. Half hte time Genuine parts are cheaper then aftermarket stuff. Otherwise a parts place like BNT

scoobeey, May 28, 8:40am
now we get the full picture! lol

supernova2, May 28, 9:01am
That could have been a very expensive mistake.Me thinks don't let BF work on your car in future!