2001 Hyundai Lantra 1.6 GL

a18a, May 16, 1:07am
Someone has offered to swap their one (just like this but a wagon 473658715) plus $1000 my way for my reasonably tidy ST185 Celica. At first thought it sounds like a mint deal, but I'm a bit skeptical (you know, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is), I went over the wagon & couldn't find any issues other than normal wear & tear items, no money owing or anything like that. Are these cars just problems waiting to happen / is there any issues I should be looking out for! Or is my Celica just a desirable car! lol!

robotnik, May 16, 2:15am
Is your Celica a GT-Four!

If not I suspect the Hyundai is less desirable due to the prejudice of the typically conservative Kiwi motorist, who hates anything unusual. And also loves their Toyotas.

cowlover, May 16, 3:55am
Our family have 3 Kia's which are part of the Hiandri family.Nothing really wrong with them at all.Not much resale value though "cause it ain't a Toyota" mentality stops people even considering them.If you want a wagon then if it fits your needs then I can see no reason why you shouldn't take the deal.

a18a, May 16, 7:38am
Ah that's good to hear then. I thought they where cheap cause they where where a lemon like the Cavalier or something. Yeah the Celica is a GT-Four.

robotnik, May 16, 8:05am
Isn't your car a classic and highly desirable rally rocketship that puts subies and the like to shame! Or is that the ST205 GT-Four!

a18a, May 16, 11:25am
I wish! It handles alright, and I like the 4WD (that's about where its good points end for me). Other than that, for everything else, it would have its ass handed to it by my Accord (albeit slightly modified). The "rocketship" one must be teh ST205. If it could put subies/evos/etc to shame, I'd consider keeping it haha.