My 94 Commodore Wagon

ayjay1, Jun 1, 7:05pm
has the head lining sagging and it is getting worse.
I would like to glue it back up. It doesn't have to be flash looking as it is only a work vehicle. I carry my tools in it.
Does anyone have any suggestions!

whqqsh, Jun 1, 8:18pm
glue will be no good as it sticks to the deteriorating foam above & just falls away again, I tried spray adhesive but it only lasts a few weeks. Reupolstery is about the only way (although I have seen many stapled)

henderson_guy, Jun 1, 8:23pm
I have seen people get some 40x10 architrave moulding and gut it so it just spans above the pillar trims, and hold it up that way.

hatchback, Jun 1, 8:26pm
My wagon hasnt got any but dosnt mater as its a work one but the lining in my VP Calias was coming down so I took it out, cardbourd and all and washed the fabric and lightly sanded the foam off the cardbourd. Use Ados F2 in the spray can, do a little at a time to get it lined up properly when gluing the fabric back on the bourd. Don use cheap glue as it needs to be heat resistant

countrypete, Jun 1, 8:50pm
I struggled with mine for ages, and after p'ing around for countless hours sold the car.The new owner reached into the back, tore it all out and chucked it on the ground.Might be more noisy, but looked ok!

ayjay1, Jun 1, 10:10pm
Thanks for your suggestions. I might try the 40x10 idea

andy61, Jun 1, 10:57pm
Take it to a car trimmer(car upholstery shop) and have it recovered.If you want to save some money take the headliner board out,clean it up(remove the old foam) get it covered andrefit the headliner yourself.Dont try reglueing the old fabric back up as it will only prop down straight away and you will never get the holes matching back up. And makes cleaning up the board for recovering a major mission.

realtrader1, Jun 2, 8:39am
If it really doesn't matter, put a piece of masking tape onto the headlining then make a 3mm cut in the centre of tape, cut through the head lining too and then use no more nails, angling the nozzle away from the hole.Do not squirt too much in!Release pressure on trigger before extracting nozzle and have a rag handy.I don't speak from experience but it may do the trick.Have someone else there to hold in place until it sets enough.Repeat procedure at various places.Carefully peel tape off.

realtrader1, Jun 2, 8:40am
Btw, when you put nozzle in you'd need to scrape it back and forth a bit then squirt so it gets a better hold.

red97, Jun 2, 8:42am
tek screws

whqqsh, Jun 2, 8:50am
for that mad max, spiked roof look