Q for Handsfree / Bluetooth / Smartphone experts

pawznfinz, Jun 1, 11:05pm
Okay so we have had a bluetooth kit Pioneer DEH-P800BT installed. Everything works fine when the normal Nokia phone is connected. But when we connect the smartphone - incoming calls, for some reason, do not come through the microphone. Outgoing is fine - through the mic, but not the incoming! Well, it did work once when I was setting it up the other day so I know that it works for incoming but then it has stopped working altogether for incoming calls - Both phones have been paired and connected in the same way so not sure what might have gone wrong - Smartphone is acting Stupid. Any ideas to fix this pleeeeeease - its driving me crrrrrrrrazy! :p TIA

strobo, Jun 1, 11:14pm
All i can say is check your settings again , sync / and answer call options . also read the smartphone & head unit hand bookas some blue tooth links are not compatible with certain products . Only thinking of myset up in the Commodore withblue tooth & different phones have usedThe smart ph may not be that smart after all. best to find these things out before rather than laterwhilespending up large .good luck

strobo, Jun 1, 11:14pm
All i can say is check your settings again , sync / andcall answer options . also read the smartphone & head unit hand bookas some blue tooth links are not compatible with certain products . Only thinking of myset up in the Commodore withblue tooth & different phones have used. The smart ph may not be that smart after all. best to find these things out before rather than laterwhilespending up large .good luck

pawznfinz, Jun 1, 11:43pm
true, but i doubt if compatibility is the issue. If it was, then it wouldn't have connected and paired at all :o). Incoming calls r the only issue.

edangus, Jun 2, 12:40am
Recommend checking it online. Some work, some dont. Some need upgrades. Some will work in part. This even happens with Factory fitted Bluetooth units.

bwg11, Jun 2, 12:42am
I had a similar issue - stopped working - checked all phone settings - all OK. Then, in desperation reset the phone to it default settings and re-introduced to car unit and was fully operational again. Can't explain, but working again. I am using a Nokia phone and Toyota head unit but do have always had one compatability issue, I can't upload my contacts to the headunit, I get an error messages saying "non-compatible device"

ralphdog1, Jun 2, 12:52am
There are many iterations of Bluetooth. If resetting everything to default and starting again as suggested above does not solve the problem, and you can pair another phone to the car and the smart phone to another device then it probably will be a compatibility issue.
Your comment that it can't be a compatibility issue because everything but 1 function works is off the mark.

pawznfinz, Jun 2, 2:44am
do you know of any website that lists what is compatible to xyz smartphone! did try looking but am unable to find any on google.

footplate1, Jun 2, 3:29am
I have a Bury 8 and the site lists compatible phones.Nuisance arises when phone is changed and the cradle has to change too.Even the 4s uses a different cradle from the 3GS because Apple used a slightly different case on the former.Damn!

pawznfinz, Jun 2, 4:40am
Arrgghhhh after all that.and plenty of hours of mucking around.turns out that all is good and was only a silly little thing.I just have to answer the phone by pressing the 'answer' button on the remote and everything is sweet and working fine DUH!.incoming calls are now A OK! Yippeeeeeee! Smartphones are not stupid anymore! lol

strobo, Jun 2, 5:16am
Pleased to hear that lol , usually the call answer options ( found on the head unit)are either auto answer /push key to answer or voice .