Ticketed for 106 whilst passing a truck

Page 6 / 7
nzfatie, Jun 4, 12:50am
WHAT.you've got a Morris that's capable of 110km/h!
Give it to Jeremy Clarkson.he'll know what to do with it!.LMAO

offrd1, Jun 4, 1:05am
So you are saying folloiwing a large truck know matter what is safer !

offrd1, Jun 4, 1:10am
I agree and i bet if i went for a drive with him/her for a day i could find enoughbad driving habits that he would get enough points to loose his licence .lol.

wrong2, Jun 4, 1:59am
dear me you are simple

that the law punishes speed isnt being debated

if all you can do is apologise for the law, why bother posting. you either are deliberatly ignoring the issue/point, or are too stupid to comprehend it

wrong2, Jun 4, 2:03am
trucks are limited because of their effect on the roads

meaning roads degrade mainly because of trucks.

in effect, most trucks with power will travel at/just under 100 anyway

if the police didnt have such a hard-on over speed, we all could overtake in safety rather than how its done now

johnf_456, Jun 4, 2:11am
if you want to speed just be prepared and ready to pay up

wrong2, Jun 4, 2:13am
you really love doing that

aye

johnf_456, Jun 4, 2:15am
Yip, truth hurts. Pay up and dont complain you got caught when you know you are in the wrong. Some here think they are amazing drivers therefore think nothing applies to them

wrong2, Jun 4, 2:16am
thats why you ignore it , or the topic with your stupid posts

aye

johnf_456, Jun 4, 2:18am
Im not fussed what you think, if you are in the wrong then man up. Having a tanty will not change anything, since when did obeying the law cause death.

wrong2, Jun 4, 2:21am
or anyone else

or what the topic is even

when you want to praise "the law", just about any topic will do

having an opinion of your own that objectivily appraises reality that deviates from what "the law" states isnt an ability you seem to have

thats why your the TM parrot

wrong2, Jun 4, 2:22am
when the passing lane is long enough, but too short for 104

you flaming muppet

ie : the threads topic

johnf_456, Jun 4, 2:25am
Look all i am saying is if you want to speed go for it just dont cry when you get busted. Some of us can enjoy stress free driving and keep our licences. I am not a parrot, i dont always agree with the law but i still respect it. The best way is to try change it, crying one has to pay up will not help.

johnf_456, Jun 4, 2:25am
Look all i am saying is if you want to speed go for it just dont cry when you get busted. Some of us can enjoy stress free driving and keep our licences. I am not a parrot, i dont always agree with the law but i still respect it. The best way is to try change it, crying one has to pay up will not help.

I agree you can pass faster but its not the issue with the legality around the infringement notice.

andrea_w, Jun 4, 2:46am
johnf_456 - I think you've missed the point.

wrong2, Jun 4, 3:59am
hahaha

on the phone again aye!

lookoutas, Jun 4, 5:05am
Just driven for 3 1/2 hours today - half of which was behind maggots traveling below 90kph. One from Ngahinepouri to almost Otorohanga on the back-road, before I was able to get past.
Went past a cop sitting waiting for speeders, so I tooted at him whilst pointing to the van a couple ahead, and he did nothing. Made suggestions that I should go back and give him an ear full, but the speed-controller wouldn't let me.

n1smo_gtir, Jun 4, 5:07am
these are the sort of idiots that causes me to have to accelerate to 140k briefly to complete my pass safely before returning to posted speed limit. if they stay at their nanny speed of 90-100, i could pass safely at 110-120. of course i would never sit at that speed. that's just asking for a ticket,

hfc2, Jun 4, 5:12am
The less time you spend passing the better, as long as you return to speed limit, i dont see the problem.

hutchk, Jun 4, 7:27am
I got done for 111k in a 100k zone today. I tried telling the officer that old Jags like to go fast, he failed to see the humourous side.

philltauranga, Jun 4, 7:38am
Total pipe dream, we cant even afford the roads we have! Ozz have 20million more people than us so its totally unfair to compare us to them. Sadly most of our back roads still follow the orignal horse and cart tracks hence all the unnessary corners, resource consent, land ownershipnightmare to change that. Unsable ground, big hills, cliffs, swamps and we have the most bridges per 100km of roading than anywhere elce in the world. Id settle for just a few more passing lanes, atleast the price of gas may stay below $10 litre which it would probably hit to cover the cost of 6 lanes from Auck to Inv.

ema1, Jun 4, 7:54am
One good reason why I fly when the destination is a big distance away, it's actually cheaper than driving those long distances.
The other big plus is you get to where you are going in quick time and still have the day to do what you want instead of driving the whole day, then you have to drive all the way back. Even better if you have a car at your disposal at the destination or even a rental is good value to get when you are there I reckon.
Done it various times .

ema1, Jun 4, 7:54am
One good reason why I fly when the destination is a big distance away, it's actually cheaper than driving those long distances.
The other big plus is you get to where you are going in quick time and still have the day to do what you want instead of driving the whole day, then you have to drive all the way back. Even better if you have a car at your disposal at the destination or even a rental is good value to get when you are there I reckon.
Done it various times .
Must admit there are exceptions to the rule, I prefer to drive in quiet times of the year when the idiots are at their least, I just can't be bothered driving big distances at peak holiday times among all the "leemings"/idiots on our roads when they are in rife proportions, strewth it's bad enough driving among them all in my job driving a truck.
The other reason is the fact I drive big kms per year in my job and on annual leave I prefer to have someone else( pilot) do it and me to sit back and enjoy the trip/view .period.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 4, 8:08am
Only in your dreams.

austingtir, Jun 4, 8:51am
Modie61: what makes you think i want to goto Australia!The thing is we copy alot of our traffic laws off the state of Victoria so thats why we have these ridiculous low speed limits.The place is a bigger $hit hole than Kapiti where you live aswell.

And BERG thats just spending cuts like every other state department.They are trying to MAKE THAT MONEY BACK by lowering the speeding tolerance its got nothing to do with saving lives just making money and having a zombie police force that cant think for itself.