Forgot to bleed new fuel pump.

pcguitarist, Jul 4, 8:25am
Hey just put in a new fuel pump into the 1999 Isuzu Wizard 4jx1 4WD 200,000ks automatic. Tried starting the car and forgot to get the air out and now seems like an air lock. What is the best way to get the car starting again
!

mugenb20b, Jul 4, 8:30am
All you can do is disconnect the fuel SUPPLY hose between the filter and pump and prime it until fuel comes out. Reconnect the hose, prime it again a few more times and crank the engine until it starts. I think the 4JX1 motor needs oil pressure before the injectors will operate.

pcguitarist, Jul 4, 8:35am
Sorry, new fuel filter not pump.

mugenb20b, Jul 4, 8:38am
OK, bleed the filter, and try again, but yes the pump will be full of air. Keep your foot flat on the accelerator while you're cranking the engine.

thunderbolt, Jul 4, 8:39am
Use the plunger on the top to fill the filter!

I have seen some people "run" the engine on engine start until the filter fills and car runs on its own.
Sounds BAD, dont really recommend it.

mugenb20b, Jul 4, 8:41am
Same here, but sometimes the plungers are f.ed so there's no other way.

rob_man, Jul 4, 9:02am
Can't you speed the bleed process by loosening the lines to the injectors before cranking!

thunderbolt, Jul 4, 9:08am
Dont think it will do much if the filter is empty.

rob_man, Jul 4, 9:10am
I meant to get the air out of the pump after that.

thunderbolt, Jul 4, 9:14am
Yep, once the diesel is coming thru the lines.

carmedic, Jul 4, 10:04am
x1
Not on the 4jx1 (common rail, injectors in the head & some don??

intrade, Jul 4, 11:41am
diesel have a bleeder pump on top of filter usually. and you should fill the new filter with diesel next time first.

pcguitarist, Aug 30, 10:48am
Thanks for the help guys, finally got it started this morning! We tried everything. In the end, we hooked it up to another car for jump starting. While one person cranked the engine, the other pumped the fuel under the car which started the car.only way it worked.