New Ranger or New Colorado ?

Page 1 / 2
amberjandal, May 29, 8:53am
What are punters thinking out there ! Based on looks and info that has been released so far who would pick what !

amberjandal, May 29, 8:53am
A Ranger for me thanks - Oh and Jazz , keep your VW.

fordcrzy, May 29, 9:16am
the colorado is still a parts bin special cheapened down for the aussie market. the ranger is designed in australia with input from mazda engineers also. The ranger is a great piece of true engineering design. the colorado is just built using the same old formula that put GM in bankrupcy court

mugenb20b, May 29, 9:16am
Both are good vehicles, but having seen and driven both, I'd pick the Ranger. Mazda BT50 has got the same chassis and drivetrain, however, the guy who designed it was on some heavy medication I think.

dinosaw88, May 29, 10:04am
I think you'll have trouble finding anyone genuine who would suggest the Colorado.

skiff1, May 29, 10:22am
ranger, though the new colorado looks a big improvement on the old

horsygirl, May 30, 5:34am
why piss around at the bottom end of the market.550nm of torque in the new nissan navara says it all.colorado is like a Great Wall.a bitza.

doctor_evil99, May 30, 5:45am
get a real ute F250.

fordcrzy, May 30, 5:49am
until the nissan cracks its chassis and the dual mass flywheel dumps its guts

hfc2, May 30, 7:15am
Yep apparantely the nissan chassis is on the warrant inspection check.

grangies, May 30, 7:22am
The F250 costs twice as much and is is way bigger than the average person needs and wants.

sunny_jim, May 30, 7:40am

mrcat1, May 30, 7:59am
How come your slagging off Nissan's dual mass flywheeel when the new Ranger has one as well!

http://www.vanlocator.co.uk/van-sales/2011/10/28/new-2012-model-ford-ranger-specification-dimensions/

twit7, May 30, 8:12am
i have done 5000 k,s in a new ranger towing a loaded car trailer and its a great tow vehicle ,heeps of power on the hills and very nice to drive . havent seen the new holden yet ,so wont comment on them .i work for a ford mazda dealer and use our demo for deliveringnew cars all over the north island ,i prefer the manual for towing but did use our auto to tow a falcon from auckland to hastings and it did the job very well

mrcat1, May 30, 8:16am
Have you had or noticed any effects of the trailer sway control! I looked at them but shyed away because of it (I have 7 trailers of all different sizes and weights and none normal loads) and no one at the Ford dealer could really tell me what it did or didn't do and also the hefty the pricetag.

mrcat1, May 30, 8:20am
When you can buy a brand new Dodge Ram 2500 with the 375hp cummins in it with 6 speed manual and 4x4 for about $46KUS it makes the utes we buy here stupid in price. The biggest problem is they are heavys and we can't have them as left hook here in NZ. Shame or i would buy one.

twit7, May 30, 8:26am
carnt say i know much about it ,but no swaying at all with my trailer on but then my trailer tows well all the time behind my old patrol

fordcrzy, May 30, 8:26am
because the ranger ones dont fall apart.

mrcat1, May 30, 8:55am
I take it you have blinkers on! go and look at some of the ford forums and you will learn what happens in the real world, yes they have failed as well.

Maybe read thru these complaints about the frames on ford rangers, not as good as YOU think.http://www.carproblemzoo.com/ford/ranger/frame-and-members-problems.php

fordcrzy, May 30, 9:02am
in the old models they had issues. the new ones have been ok. the new gearbox "issues" are software related due to a new gearbox and fly by wire system.nothing a software flash wont fix.

unbeatabull, May 30, 9:49am
Gearbox issues on the Ranger have the selector bolts come loose. They aren't torqued correctly from factory/wrong spec bolt, we have to replace them and loctite with a TTY bolts now to remedy.

Don't know of any Auto issues yet though.

supernova2, May 30, 10:11am
Who on earth would find the need to speck a TTY bolt for something as simple as a selector.Good grief in the old days they were just done up to 2 clicks of the wrist or some such measurement and a bit of tie wire.Next there will be a spec for how much pressure to put on the wedge number plate bulb when poking it into the slot and probably need a quality inspection team to verify that the valve caps were fitted with a duel signal 1/4 drive air ratchet and torque stick.bah Humbug!

roys351, May 30, 10:36am
ican sell you the factory tool for replacing bulbs for that model .but it wont be cheep!

carclan, May 30, 11:02am
Great wall as it looks like the same animal from the one I test drove.

noelsgimps, Jun 2, 10:44pm
Only buy the Colorado if you like listening to Tractors!
The Ranger is a great ute and makes the Hilux look like crap until the new model Lux comes out next year.