Stupid question colour of BP 95 petrol

Page 2 / 2
kokako14, Jun 16, 10:13pm
I need one of those mowers, will be able to mow the shag pile carpet with it

johnf_456, Jun 17, 3:27am
i do because over the winter months I rarely mow lawns. So when I do i want nice stable fuel. Especially when the old fuel sits stationary for a while.

robbo36, Jun 17, 8:30am
Pour some of that fuel you put into your vehicle or mower onto a piece of newspaper, leave overnight and check to see if there is any oily residue left on the paper. This will tell you if it is straight petrol or is in fact diesel.

dave653, Jun 17, 10:10pm
What about thier 'Force 10'! I've just put 37ltr in the old 179, half way home (5km) it started to run rough. Checked the plugs (Champion N7's) and they looked like they had been in the rain for a month! Adjusted the timing, still rough. Changed the plugs to a hotter set, still rough, put the timing back with no joy.And, when getting off the loud pedal at the lights, etc, it almost stalls. I've always used Shell Premium, but tried 98 'just to check it out'. I do have the compression for it, just never thought the extra 12c/ltr was worth it.

shane038, Jun 18, 5:00am
It would appear to be ok after all that BP did check their reconcilliation for that tank though. The reason I put 95 in the mower container was because I was putting 95 in my wagon so it was easiest. Anyway it doesnt seem to have caused any problems.

sw20, Jun 18, 5:06am
Great idea for anyone not keen on mowing the lawns. The smell of burnt av will have the mower out every day!

hopie, Jun 18, 5:42am
i mix my 2 stroke for the weed wacker and chainsaw with 98. no reason really