Car not heating up

myrns, Jun 10, 3:26am
My wife has a nissan bluebird that takes forever to heat up compared to my nissan primera which only takes about 5min to reach half way on the temp gauge,could this be just a faulty thermostat in the bluebird or in fact have no thermostat!

dent, Jun 10, 3:29am
Sounds like a thermostat issue. Either stuck open or not there.

r.g.nixon, Jun 10, 3:32am
Empty out half the radiator. That will help it heat up.

nzeva, Jun 10, 3:40am
As it's an old Nissan, the radiator will already be half empty.they're shockers for water leaks.!

hondalova, Jun 10, 9:28am
i had same issue with my primera. fitted new thermostat and was fine after that. NZEVA) i have only had 2 water leaks on my primera. radiator and water pump. that was 6months ago.

johnf_456, Jun 10, 11:52am
All cars have faults

morrisman1, Jun 10, 11:55am
Not Fiats, they just have opportunities to find out how much cheaper buying parts from overseas can be.

rover79, Jun 10, 9:55pm
One of my vehicles is like that in the winter on cold days/nights, never heats up to get any heat from the heater. I just cut a board to sit in front of the radiator, only covering about a third of it but need to remember to take it out on warm or hot days.

johnf_456, Jun 10, 10:02pm
Lol yups VW's are in the same boat so I hear.

tim41, Jun 11, 4:05am
your not using a diesel additive (winns edt or chemtec)are you !

cassandra13, Jun 11, 10:47am
hmmm. my pulsar is the same, yet it has a new thermostat. and so is a friends bluebird, and another sentra wagon i know of. perhaps its a nissan thing.

tigra, Jun 12, 9:13am
Yeah funnily enough my Avenir does the same. Well it heats up OK but doesnt pump out hot air thru the heater.Still its just the gopher car and only used on short pick-up trips.

myrns, Jun 12, 9:25am
**Update** Car had no thermostat so its all good now

flack88, Jun 12, 9:33am
Why did it have no thermostat!there taken out by owners with overheating problems usually.!