Would different tyres cause wobble in steering?

Page 2 / 2
jmma, Jun 10, 4:35am
De laminated tyre, my 2c's worth

vr4_legnum, Jun 10, 5:01am
What band of tyres what you got on the car! Some of the cheap tyres are out of round from new and doesn't matter how many times you balance them, the wobble will still be here.

If it was me, I would be going back to the tyre shop who put the front ones on and getting them to replace with other brand of tyre. They should swap them for free.

kazbanz, Jun 10, 5:02am
Hey GH--I "know someone" witha set of175/70/14 snow tyres on I THINKthey are on nissan rims -if someone else could can get em to you. You would beare (I'm sure) welcolm to em if it helps you diagnose the problem -or for that matter given your locationand itsactually sub zero where you are ya might wanna use em for a couple of months.I can't tell you how to get the tyres but I'm sure someone with brains could figure it out

gunhand, Jun 10, 5:09am
Hey thanks for the offer.Both my son and brother own compatable cars but ones in Timaru and ones also 300kms away lol so would have used there wheels as a trial if closer. As I said tyres are cheap so will prob just replace them and if its not that at least I have two new tyres on the front. Was just seeing if someone else has come across it and may be mechanical as apposed to a tyre proble. But all fingers are pointing that way.
There was someelse here ages ago said they had the same problem as well with same sort of van. Might do we search to the left and se who that was.

It was, ginga4life and similer but different problem. His was wearing out a tyre on the same side and no one could fix it.

scuba, Jun 10, 5:45am
you need another tyreshop.
If they can't diagnose the problem after talking to you they need retraining,
And they didn't need to do the second wheel alignment .

gunhand, Jun 10, 5:49am
Hey, one shop told me my car was solid rear axle when its actaully IRS. So Im doubtfull of many things im told these days. Unless quite an obvious problem.

scuba, Jun 10, 5:53am
normally you keep tires the same size for all wheel drives or 4WD .less transmission problems.

You said the problem didn't start til they fitted the 186/70/14 to the front .
Sounds like at least one of them is out of round.
Or a wheel rim is bent

gunhand, Jun 10, 5:55am
Yep looking like a tyre issue.

scuba, Jun 10, 5:56am
just checking when it wobbles can you feel it thru the seat or does the steering wheel kick in your haned