What do you think on the 05-08 Hyundai sonata?

dyln.sampson, Jun 8, 11:43am
.!

marmar1, Jun 8, 7:04pm
only mundane people buy hyundias

gammelvind, Jun 8, 8:14pm
Probably true, but they are making some pretty competitive vehicles these days.

mugenb20b, Jun 8, 8:20pm
Not really, it's more about value for money.

2for1, Jun 8, 11:13pm
Had our 2007 Sonata 2.4 litre for 4 years.(wifes car) No problems at all and to me rides better than Toyota & Mitzi company cars I have during the same period.
A large company I used to work for had a number of Hyundai pool cars in their fleet and were highly regarded. A friend has an old XG 3 litre with over 450,000kms on the clock and it is still going strong.
In the end it is down to personal choice just like some people either hate Holden or Falcon.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 8, 11:25pm
You can buy a proper car with actual up to date technology for what they want for a thirsty, old technology Sonata of that age group. The people who buy these either don'tknow any better, fall for silly car dealer nonsense or just can't do basic maths.

the.wife, Jun 8, 11:37pm
I'd rather buy a Sonata than a "proper car" as you put it. And what do you mean by old technology! It still has all the mod cons of a "proper car". As for its thirst, it's a V6 mate, what do you expect! It's not a diesel with a Dog Shit Gearbox.

moosie_21, Jun 8, 11:51pm
Dodge Viper for the win

thejazzpianoma, Jun 8, 11:58pm
Clearly you were the kid that didn't understand what was being said in class so resorted to being nasty to others to vent your frustration. I won't be bothering to explain the obvious.

jap_parts1, Jun 9, 12:07am
Clearly you were the kid that interupted everyone thinking you knew better, why cant you accept some people arent interested in cheap rubbish

clark20, Jun 9, 12:10am
We had the diesel at work at it was a poorly made, low quality POS. Nobody wanted to drive it. They are slowly getting better, I would have a Mazda 6 if you had a choice.

countrypete, Jun 9, 12:47am
You are best to ignore any posts by jazzpianoma.He is simply a troll who invades most threads with his one-eyed childish rants against anything or anyone he doesn't personally agree with.

trdbzr, Jun 9, 1:43am
+1 he's just like scotty except that he bangs on about VWs, Fiats etc rather than Commodores

ceebee2, Jun 9, 2:32am
I have owned the V6 3.3L for 3 years and on long trips averages 8l / 100km, I don't call that thirsty!

fordcrzy, Jun 9, 4:17am
hyundais USED to be good value for money.when they sold lantras. hyundais are bloody expensive now. i think they are taking the proverbial now with pricing higher than cars such as ford focus etc.
not that there is anything wrong with them as such, its just that are no longer the bargain they once were.

pomnz75, Jun 9, 5:39am
I own a 3.3 V6 Elite (2006) and it's a bloody good car.Alright, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that other top of the range cars have, but the ride quality is second to none.It's great on long trips, a little juicy around town, but what do you expect from a 3.3!If fuel economy is a must, perhaps the 2.4 might be worth a look.It's reliable and in the 4 years we have owned it, it has never missed a beat.When first released it was compared to the Ford Mondeo (the UK's most sucessful car, and also my other car) in terms of what a driver might be looking for in a mid-sized sedan, and it was said to be a very good alternative.Having both a Mondeo and a Sonata, I can see why it would be easy to compare the two, but the Sonata does have more room, a massive boot, and the Elite models usually come with an alloy spare.The Mondeo I have is the V6 2.5L Ghia and is better optioned than the Sonata Elite, but it depends what you are looking for.

franc123, Jun 9, 5:50am
Yes, they have certainly got expensive, you are best to buy second hand and make sure you get it as cheaply as possible, the trade in values are still crap for that korean stuff. But the quality has improved no question.

ceebee2, Jun 10, 4:38am
Interesting comparison here, cannot agree with you fordcrzy as the Honda Euro is a direct competitor and a new Elite was 15K cheaper with far more options. I went and test drove the Euro on a promo Honda had and apart from a better Auto I would buy a Hyundai Elite well ahead of the Honda if they still made them!