Cheap wheel alignment Auckland

Page 1 / 2
turton, Jul 9, 9:47pm
Any one know of a cheap place to get this done!

bill-robinson, Jul 9, 10:26pm
you want cheap use your own mark 1 eyeball. you want a proper job pay proper money

gmphil, Jul 10, 5:38am
Wots cheap! My guy does $45

familiadude, Jul 10, 6:33am
^^^^ where is that gmphill!

andrea_w, Jul 10, 7:41am
I got my last wheel alignment for a box of beer :D I can tell you where he is but I certainly can't promise you'll get the same deal

nicolag, Jul 16, 10:01am
JP tyres glenfield from $35.00

ontwowheels, Jul 16, 10:09am
I dont recommend that having tried that, worst alignment ever! think it was when i replaced a power steering rack and a tie rod at same time on commy. Eyed it up, might have even measured it a bit. Damn it was bad. One drive to the alignment place chew out the edge of my tyre. Luckily it was beeing replaced anyway!

bill-robinson, Jul 16, 7:04pm
As I said

gypsypom, Jul 16, 7:17pm
want it cheap, use the eyeometer otherwise pay the bucks

johnf_456, Jul 16, 10:04pm
Yep, which is why you count how many turns you undo the tie roads.

http://www.repco.co.nz/CA2571B7001625FF/Lookup/rack/$file/Stretchy_Rack_Boots_Instructions.jpg
Is another option for them, I have used this method before. No counting tie rod nut turns providing you lube it they go on fine.

turton, Jul 16, 10:19pm
have already done the wheel alignment. Car still pulling to the right, think i need a new caster.

bill-robinson, Jul 17, 12:38am
you mean that the job you had done did not include castor!

vr4_legnum, Jul 17, 5:51am
Have you try moving the right front tyre to the left front and left front tyre to the right front and taking it for a drive and see if it pulls to the left!Cause if it does that, It be the tyre, Not the wheel alignment.

turton, Jul 17, 5:54am
il give that a go, thanks for the advice

turton, Jul 17, 5:54am
as far as i know, the caster on my car is non adjustable. Car in question is a 97 integra type r

bill-robinson, Jul 17, 7:22pm
you said it

intrade, Jul 17, 8:12pm
cheap string methode on youtube

newtec1, Jul 18, 7:38am
What do you call a wheel alignment.If you just want toe in-toe out you can do it reasonably accurate with lines and measure,but if you want a real alignment you need to put it on the machine and do caster& camber.

icemans1, Jul 18, 1:30pm
pedders on patiki rd, avondale, west ak. not cheap but but highly recommended. the guy has done a lot of competition cars

rEtyre, Jul 22, 8:03am
you don't buy caster, you adjust it during a wheel alignment. However you probably need new tyres. 99 percent of all problems with cars pulling one way are caused by tyres, not mis alignment.

turton, Jul 22, 8:12am
i assume the tyre shop adjusted the castor (if adjustable) whilst doing the wheel alignment, so could be something else causing the car to pull to the right. Have also noticed a scraping noise when cornering fast :/

rEtyre, Jul 22, 8:17am
Not likely. Most probable cause is a separated tyre. Take it into a reputabletyre dealer and get them to check your tyres.

ontwowheels, Jul 22, 8:21am
I did that, but in this case it was horribly out, may have been a difference in the parts I don't really recall the full details. It was only done by eye/ measurement with tape measure to get it from homw to place that stuck 4 new tyres on and did an alignment. Horrible to drive none the less!

bevharris1938, Jul 22, 8:52am
From $35 , is that for 2 wheels !

bill-robinson, Jul 22, 7:20pm
No just one