Waterpump Suzuki Escudo Nomade 95

_b_unit_, Jul 9, 9:32am
I'm wondering how much would be a fair price for a waterpump replacement on a 95 Suzuki Escudo Nomade V6. I am hearing all different prices from $800 up to $1500 and I'm not sure what to trust.
I understand because it's a V6 it's not as easy and actually very time consuming but I'm still wanting to know a fair price.
Cheers

suplyuparts, Jul 9, 10:51am
if you can get the parts youself,an try find that,you know someone that know someone type that can do it for you,it would be cheaper.But,when they do water pump,they normally recommen to do cambelt.

_b_unit_, Jul 9, 11:14am
\

Thank you. Apparently I have a chain belt or something which only needs to be done every 200,000km's which my car hasn't done as yet :)

llortmt, Jul 9, 7:52pm
You actually have four timing chains 2 short ones driving each pair of cams, one long one driving each bank off the crank and a fourth driving the oil pump of the crank.
The water pump is about an 8 hour job all the timing chain cover has to come off, $800 sounds cheap if that includes pump, oil, filter, gaskets, antifreeze, labour and gst.

mugenb20b, Jul 10, 12:35am
$1500 is about right, maybe more. Takes a good day and a half to replace.

dgriffnz, Jul 25, 6:57am
Just paid $1130 for mine at Hollands. All 3 belts, new WP, reconditioned alternater, thermostat, spark plugs and a steam clean. Some seals done too.All done in one day. G16A 4 cylinder Escudo.

pico42, Jul 25, 7:19am
So., a completely different engine!

carmedic, Jul 25, 8:09am
LOL Might as well tell us what you had for tea!